• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basic white Tee's

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
I also think this article is relevant to your quality over quantity comment.
That is a stupid article written by (as even the author admits) the uniformed. It's literally on the same level as something Consumer Reports might write. It attempts to portray the whole issue as merely being one of exclusivity and uniqueness as opposed to quality. Additionally they show a ridiculous leopard print tee with a clown graphic on it as if to demonstrate the folly of anyone whom buys an expensive tee. The white wjk tee I just posted in Recent Purchases far exceeds the quality of every single brand mentioned in this thread.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
That is a stupid article written by (as even the author admits) the uniformed. It's literally on the same level as something Consumer Reports might write. It attempts to portray the whole issue as merely being one of exclusivity and uniqueness as opposed to quality. Additionally they show a ridiculous leopard print tee with a clown graphic on it as if to demonstrate the folly of anyone whom buys an expensive tee.
Tbh I didn't read the article, I scrolled down and saw the three bullet points
lol8[1].gif
EDIT: Holy damn, there IS a clown face on the tee. Wow.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wjk tends to do lots of raw hem tees too. I just received this one today that has raw hems on the arm openings, but a pseudo double layer look along the bottom hem and neck opening. And there is an exposed raw hem on the top seam too. Fabric quality is outstanding.
wjk_white2.jpg

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just grabbed some Muji tees after seeing them posted around here. After a few washes they're much better than any other ones. They don't shrink too much, but they did shrink just enought to get a great fit for me, they've held their shape and color much better as well. Not bad considering they're ~$7 per shirt.

kb11235

Reaction score
I just picked up 3 Uniqlo white V necks for 4.90 a pop. They feel much better (to me) than my hanes. Unless you live in or around NYC, of course. It'd be a bit silly to phone order or proxy $20 worth of tees.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA
Thursday only 25% off on Alternative Apparels website

SAVE25
bigstar[1].gif

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fruit of the loom slim fit shirts arrived today, the fit is not good but acceptable, crew is too narrow.
calvin klein 365 v-necks fit me perfectly, but i've seen them only in white and black
frown.gif

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana Republic soft wash (not the basic tee). Used to be called the fitted tee. Hard to find white color in stores but it's on their site. Fit is incredible but ridiculously expensive for a basic white tee.

aq81

Reaction score
thanks for your inputs,
but i in noway meant it as an undershirt, i meant basic white tee's that could go with a jeans.

i'm sorry if i didn't make it very clear from the beginning

and for those who got offended for posting a thread about white tee shirts, i am sorry, but there are like 1000's of posts in here. and for me, i won't have the time to go rant about every and each one of these that i hate.. i simply skip them.
musicboohoo[1].gif

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB1, what is the fabric on those wjk? I know he does some blends but was wondering what your favorite has been

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
I'm still in search of the perfect V-neck. I want mine to be thick and soft.

Just ordered these from Land's End. I'll post here if they're any good.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/VneckUnde...r&origin=index

So these arrived today and they're ****. Don't bother, as these are going back. The material is almost see-through and has a kind of wierd sheen where it almost feels like polyester. Neeeext!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep reading about these kirkland tees from Costco, are they slim fit? Or at least fitted?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any good recommendations for t-shirts with slightly narrower sleeve openings? Most of the tees I own have little flags for sleeves due to my skinny arms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads