• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banana Republic ties

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get a lot of hate for this but I tend to find myself attracted to many of their ties.

Not for the retail price though which is around $45-60.

On that note, I have a couple of ties from Express that I bought before this forum that tie pretty decent knots.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like BR ties too! surprisingly high quality.

Enfo

Reaction score
Most of my ties are BR Monogram....

The new ones are the best. They shortened the length of them, they slimmed them down, and they have grossgrain ribbon on the neck now.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
I like BR ties too! surprisingly high quality.

+1 ... I have a few BR ties myself and I love them. I got all of mine on clearance and they have held up very nicely. I have some express ties as well, not bad, but not worth full retail.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between BR outlet and retail stores?Difference in quality of clothing I mean.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Enfo
Most of my ties are BR Monogram....

The new ones are the best. They shortened the length of them, they slimmed them down, and they have grossgrain ribbon on the neck now.

Shortened them, you say. By how much? I am tall and generally need all the length I can get. I have a few BR ties from several years ago and like them.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very pleased with my solid navy tie from BR. It's one of my favorites. However, I find myself not liking many of their designs, which are very stripey in a Kenneth Cole sort of way.

2Scoops

Reaction score
Good value, if you can get them at end of season. I picked up a few at $10-15 a piece a week or two ago.

thereader

Reaction score
Their retail price in cananda is 70 somthing. Last month I found them on sale for 12 bucks each so I bought 5 of them. Their ties are wide I didnt see any narrow ones.

Cordovan

Reaction score
I haven't seen any narrow or even medium width ties recently at BR.

Cordovan

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cordovan
I haven't seen any narrow or even medium width ties recently at BR.

Cordovan

Monogram only offers the slim while regular BR offers the medium width. My favorites are the ones from Monogram.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads