• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
These are the nicest I've found...Lobb also makes one that zjpj has shown.

Who makes those?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Who makes those?

Dasco for shop-shop.uk.com. They are pricey but the nicest I've seen.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I don't like lace-up boots. When you cross your legs and those laces show, the appearance is completely inelegant--one would much rather wear combat boots.
I'm not sure about inelegant, but it does raise the question: do balmoral boots come in ankle height with two or three eyes like blucher boots?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
I have been considering a pair of these - Dasco, right? How do you like yours?

Dasco they are.

High quality goods Panzer. I highly recommend them.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Disagree. There is a lot to be said for combat boots, but I prefer these. So yeah, I'd hit it. Buehller? Buehller?
We'll agree to disagree but I find the sheer amount of laces as comparable to elegance as if someone wore their PRICELESS Lobb skates with their tuxedo. There's just something so, roughtrade, about nicely tailored suit trousers revealing copious amounts of laces on a boot. I'm sure Connemera knows the feeling.

Harrydog

Reaction score
I didn't know Lobb had boot trees. When I bought my Brooklands, they gave me shoe trees. I didn't think to ask if they had shoe tress and of course assumed if they did, they would have provided them with the boots.

I wonder if they will let me exchange them? Probably not!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Just to be clear: are those of you who don't like them saying that I should have gotten hook speed lacers instead? Or that you simply don't like high boots at all?

I think an ankle height balmoral boot would look assinine, personally. Hook speed lacers have a hiking boot connotation and would look much less elegant than eyelets.

I personally find these much classier than a Chelsea boot, or at least far better suited for wearing with a suit. When the trouser leg is down, you can't tell it's not a shoe -- it looks just like EG Berkeley, or maybe Gladstone.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that eyelets all the way up seem much more elegant than hook lacing. Eyelets give you more latitude for lacing styles also.

When should blucher boots be worn? With odd jackets or heavy tweed suits?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
When should blucher boots be worn?

In the snow.
tounge.gif

Ideally, I would never wear blucher boots with a business suit. But in the real world, I have been unable to find cordovan balmoral boots. And cordovan handles bad weather much, much better than calf. I have one pair of cordo blucher boots and another on the way. They are great for bad weather. I have yet to have my pair soak through, whereas calf shoes soak through rather easily.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Beautiful boots but, would you wear them in sleet & snow?
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads