• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebosschamp

Reaction score

Lol he said nutsack
Yeah as a few have indicated we have a new mtm suit venture with a soft launch for early April in Melbourne.

Pricing will start at $750 with a great cloth selection all the way through the loro piana and ariston books. Matt who some of you may already know having trained at PJT will be our first tailor on the ground doing fittings and we will be operating on a travelling tailor basis. Once we have your pattern dialled your future ordering process will be a breeze.

I'll release more info after launch but if anyone from Melbourne is interested feel free to send me a pm with your email and phone number so we can call you for a fitting in April.
Ok thanks, is there a name I should look out for?

thebosschamp

Reaction score
During my suit research I notice a few companies who ask for self measurement, indochino, instichu etc. to me that seems a little strange, what if I f#ck it up? I'm also keen to chat to my tailor! Should these be avoided or am I being too cynical? (forgive me if this has already been discussed I'm new to this game. New job, new wardrobe. Previous job was fairly casual attire). Hmmm I'm confused.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can be measured by Institchu staff, I think IIRC. Their tailoring is done in Thailand, though, so I can't vouch for their quality.

Last edited:

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During my suit research I notice a few companies who ask for self measurement, indochino, instichu etc. to me that seems a little strange, what if I f#ck it up? I'm also keen to chat to my tailor! Should these be avoided or am I being too cynical? (forgive me if this has already been discussed I'm new to this game. New job, new wardrobe. Previous job was fairly casual attire). Hmmm I'm confused.

i'd start off with OTR for your first couple of suits. then when you know precisely what you want, move your way to MTM. Romp has a MTM suiting service coming up, i'd touch base with him.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have a sample to sell to me? If so, yes, I am interested, please PM.  

I want to try out about 10 other samples I have chosen before making a decision. The Histoires de Parfums scents look very interesting. I would be grateful for other recommendations on complex wood/leather/tobacco scents. Not Creed Tabarome though.

Memoir blends well with my skin chemistry, but becomes kind of muted. I am undecided whether it is too faint, or whether it is elegantly muted.  It was only a very small spray, not the usual dosage.  The subtle vetiver base combines very well with the wood and leather. I cannot smell any tobacco though.

I've recently joined an Aussie splits site, and I've posted a request there for you. I could get you some for $2.40/ml plus shipping.

If HdP is your go, you should get onto their samples. Any six samples for 10 euro, can't go wrong.

http://www.histoiresdeparfums.com/~hdp/intl/index.php

Maison Francis Kirkdjian has a similar deal of 4 2ml samples for 12 euros shipped. Well worth it to try their Oud

http://www.franciskurkdjian.com/fragrances-to-share_3_samples__echantillons.html?lang=2

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ok thanks, is there a name I should look out for?
Suit Shop.. A Web page will be launched soon at suitshop.com.au

You can be measured by Institchu staff, I think IIRC. Their tailoring is done in Thailand, though, so I can't vouch for their quality.

I think they get you to be measured at an alteration chain? Better than a diy but not sure how they go with shoulder drop, posture and arm angle etc.

We use try on's to be as precise as we can

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit Shop.. A Web page will be launched soon at suitshop.com.au

That's a bit "back to the future", as Patrick's business was called Suit Shop for a few years until he decided to change to an eponymous business name.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's a bit "back to the future", as Patrick's business was called Suit Shop for a few years until he decided to change to an eponymous business name.
Easier as we already have the name, logo etc ready to go!
fing02[1].gif

EL84

Reaction score

I've used both and if you get a family member/friend to help and you are really careful in following their instructions it can work out well. The only problem I had was shoulder type. I thought I had 'regular' shoulders but once I received my jacket it was bunching under the collar with excess material. I had it remade with square shoulders and now it fits great.

I had to do a lot of reading about how jackets/suits should fit (which brought me here) before I felt comfortable ordering though.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question - if someone has a reasonably normal physique (5'10-6', 75-85kg with little more than long arms) what advantage does M2M offer over OTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads