• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With postage, the Massdrop Fox umbrella would come to about A$160, which is still pretty good value, and just goes to show how we Aussies are normally being gouged on yet another desirable import.

My only concern would be damage during shipping.

Diplomat

Reaction score

Rest In Peace.

RIP Johan Cruyff

The day soccer died.

conqueror

Reaction score
re: umbrella discussion, my full-sized london undercover (navy w/ blackwatch lining) arrived about a week ago from end and it's amazing. the smaller, telescopic ones seem to have a larger variety in handles and colours if you want something more portable.

edit: i was worried about damage from the UK as well, but it turned up fine. only downside is end use fed-ex - i'm always at work and fed-ex only have one depot in the ACT which is not only not open on weekends, but also a huge pain ********** to get to.

Last edited:

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

re: umbrella discussion, my full-sized london undercover (navy w/ blackwatch lining) arrived about a week ago from end and it's amazing. the smaller, telescopic ones seem to have a larger variety in handles and colours if you want something more portable.

edit: i was worried about damage from the UK as well, but it turned up fine. only downside is end use fed-ex - i'm always at work and fed-ex only have one depot in the ACT which is not only not open on weekends, but also a huge pain ********** to get to.
Fyshwick? At least it's not Hume or Queanbeyan...

Last edited:

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like a good umbrella deal as well on a Fox automatic:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fox-um...otional 2016-03-26&utm_term=Daily Promotional

I personally own a Kent Wang one, wooden shaft, which I love and has been great other than I've made a tiny rip in the canopy somehow - anyone know any umbrella repairers in Aus?

I also have one from work, and a crappy telescopic one that I found on the train - I don't think it's a bad idea to own a cheap-ie or too (especially one that fits in your pocket) to take out on nights where you think there's a good chance it'll get lost.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Assuming its done correctly, is there any harm in getting a pair of shoes stretched?

Just remember they stretch width wise not length wise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads