• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Thanks for the advice. They are only about 1 month and a half old, so maybe I'll return them to Luxottica in hopes for a new pair.

It's odd that happened; I've never had that happen to any other lenses before.

YOu can try that, but Luxx is VERY strict about returns and so on. They no longer carry parts for sunglasses (Although I have ordered lenses for Ray-Bans, maybe they are separate divisions). You'll never know unless you try.

KBW

Reaction score
anyone have recs for a larger wayfarer styled pair of sunglasses and a larger aviator? I have a rather large head
smile.gif
Thanks in advance (btw I have and wear both wayfarer's and aviators but they both are small AND look small)

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
anyone have recs for a larger wayfarer styled pair of sunglasses and a larger aviator? I have a rather large head
smile.gif
Thanks in advance (btw I have and wear both wayfarer's and aviators but they both are small AND look small)

Just about every company makes them now. 2 brands that I have seen recently that come to mind are Hugo Boss and Prada Sport, in matte colors.

In sure a lot of people will have many more suggestions...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Salt is generally pretty huge and mostly does aviators for men. They have some Wayfareralikes, too.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Just about every company makes them now. 2 brands that I have seen recently that come to mind are Hugo Boss and Prada Sport, in matte colors.

In sure a lot of people will have many more suggestions...

thanks and thank you to Arethusa as well. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I bought two pairs of retrosuperfutures but I need a few more pairs as I'm outside 10+ hours/day.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
How many are you planning on bringing? You've only got the two eyes.

I only have two feet as well yet I own a whole hell of a lot more than one pair of shoes...I like to mix it up and not wear the same pair of shades every day. 10 pairs isn't too many my sister probably has 100

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
I only have two feet as well yet I own a whole hell of a lot more than one pair of shoes...I like to mix it up and not wear the same pair of shades every day. 10 pairs isn't too many my sister probably has 100
I agree. Eyewear is a fashion accessory as much as a necklace, shoes, shirt and so on. The more you have the more you can play around with colors and style.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Which should I choose? http://saltoptics.com/detail.php?id=...id=1&orderby=4 in ash grey or http://www.osainternational.com/coll...TSHISNAME&pg=0 in black crystal gradient
Assuming they both look good on you, they have subtle differences. Aside from price, The Salt are a bit more trendy and stand out a bit because of the stripes in the crustal whereas, the Blinde are more of a retro/vintage look with the split black and crsytal. If you want them to stand out a bit and be more unique go for the Blinde frames. If you want them to blend a bit more, and still be trendy/hip, go for the Salt.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
What's the consensus on gradient lenses for men? Specifically, I am looking at OP green gradient.

nanny

Reaction score
Can you tell me what kind of sunglasses Meekus is wearing during the gasoline fight in Zoolander?

zbip

Reaction score
what can you tell me about eyeglasses in taipei? do you have any stores to recommend?

also, do you know if any of the brands that are talked about on this forum are sold in taipei? because the prices that people say they pay around here (taipei) seem awfully low compared to the US/europe

thanks. i wasn't really planning on buying a pair of new glasses for another year or so, but since i'm here and the prices seem to be real good, i might as well look into it

edit: also, do u have a blog post about everything to know regarding LENSES? or, what are the feature i shoyuld look for when purchasing lenses? my vision is very bad (-7.5 with some astigmatism) - if this matters at all. should i get glass or plastic lenses? any anti-fog coating or should i look for some slim lenses? info like that would be great. thanks again

laughter95

Reaction score
Have you heard of Konishi eyewear? I have a pair actually... something about a Californian company outsourcing its manufacturing to the Japanese.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I have a question. I recently bought a pair of glasses that I thought looked ok, but after owning them for a while I don't like how they look. They are an wire rectangular frame style that I spent an arm and a leg on, and now I wanna have them as a back up pair. My question is, are the plastic boxy nerd looking glasses still a good way to go? I was thinking about getting a $100 pair of glasses in this style from Ray Ban or Polo, as my last pair before the above were that style and I wore it for years till I snapped them in half. Mainly the boxy plastic nerd style im talking about is this:
arts-graphics-2008_1130759a.jpg
Im in my mid 20's , is this still gonna be an acceptable style for the next year or longer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads