• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Ryan Graber

Reaction score
I recently started wearing my Casmere Brioni sport coat I got at the end of last wineter but only wore once, and have been noticed it feels soft as a dogs ear(similar texture as well).
MY problem is I find my slef feeling my jacket at least 3 times a day. Will I get used to it and stop or do I have to make a conscientious effort to stop?
thanks

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Gloryfield, when picking a multi coloured tie I find it easier if I follow these 2 points.
1. Choose a shirt that goes with the suit.
2. Once you've done that, pick a tie with the same colour in it as the shirt.

This usually works, as of course whatever the colour combinations in the tie, if the shirt colour is in it, it will usually match the shirt and go with the jacket.

Why not get a pale blue solid shirt and a grey solid tie?

Chargersfan

Reaction score
I just bought my first pair of burgundy dress shoes. Do I use burgundy polish on them or do I use brown?? Cheers

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use burgundy polish on burgundy shoes. Using a different color polish results in varying degrees of discoloration that you probably want to avoid unless you're purposely trying for an antqiued effect.

fafsa

Reaction score
any tie recs for a charcoal stripe suit? or failing that, any types of ties i should avoid? (e.g. colors, stripes)

mjHession

Reaction score
Can I wear a wool tie in a wedding, or only silk, either way will be a traditional black/gray/white glen plaid? I will be in a morning coat it that matters (black wool coat, gray wool vest, light blue shirt with detachable stiff collar.

clonemarie

Reaction score
Q: I direct you to the following image. Notice the shirt, the buttons, the cuff.

Arkham-Joker-arkham-asylum-5889830-1280-720.jpg

I've been searching for something similar for a costume I'm making, but no results. My problem is describing what I'm seeing here. "Frilly cuffs" has been my best effort. Is there a real life equivalent to the cut of this shirt with a proper name I can search for?

( IF the photo isn't showing here's another link for copy/pastey)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonnylocks
Anyone wanna take a shot at my question above
smile.gif

I don't see why not. Go for it.
Try SW&D next time.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search the forums, there were similar requests for help on a Joker costume last year.

maelstrom

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm having trouble getting my hands on a tux shirt here in Pakistan- I'm wearing a three piece suit to a wedding, with a cravat. I've managed to have the cravat stitched (via giving the tailor a sample to copy) what i need to know is that, is a cravat with a normal collar a complete no?

sccoopy

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy one of these shoes. Allen Edmonds Tribeca and Kennet. The color of Tribeca is walnut, Kennet is dark brown. I got some stock pictures just to show their look. Which one is better for casual or business casual ? Also, anyone familiar with the new crosstown collection that AE has. They have a low intro price of $199. Tribeca is one of them. Thanks
aekennett.jpg
70103.jpg

clonemarie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Search the forums, there were similar requests for help on a Joker costume last year.

I'm talking only about the shirt, it's not even a joker costume I'm making.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads