• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with this Bangkok tailor (Savile Row Bangkok)

fdbowie

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Bangkok tailor Savile Row Bangkok? They have a tour coming up in my area and I'm thinking about giving them a shot but wanted to see if any of you had experience with their suits (from either a trip to Bangkok or from a US/UK, etc. tour).

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I searched the forum and wasn't able to find much.

Thanks for any advice/feedback you can provide,
Fred

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, with name like that I'm sure it'll be nothing but top notch. Savile Row... it's world famous you know.

Add in the mystery of the exotic Orient.

Betcha it'll be affordable too.

Last edited:

fdbowie

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I know that the name is a bit cheesy and appreciate your tongue in cheek response. However, I am looking to see if anyone has any experience with this place.

The lack of feedback isn't encouraging. Maybe I'll pass this time.

woody3691

Reaction score
Spoke to tailor at SR. They won't make a full canvass jacket, if I remember my conversation well. Can't say anything else about them.

fdbowie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I decided to skip this because of the lack of feedback on SF.
Your comment on the full canvass jacket helps me feel better about passing on this.

Kyla

Reaction score
I have experience with them. It's a scam.

They actually have quite a few good reviews all over the net - which is why I chose them. However after my experience I have to wonder if most of those reviews were legit. The whole this was horrible. They seemed to have no idea what they were doing (I knew more from sewing with my grandmother), the quality was terrible, and I had to go to the shop several times for this (practically daily for about ten days). Oh, and did I mention the quality was terrible. Like embarrassing. Rough seams, no shape, no canvassing, below average fabric. And shockingly horrible cutting, particularly bad considering just how many tries they have. They try to get your money as early as possible. I insisted on holding on to half, but they made sure that they 'ran late' and had to drop it off for me late the night before I left - they insisted it would be fine ("easy, final adjustments"). So they made me pay earlier in the day, then dropped off a coat that actually looked worse than I left it. And they left it with the concierge so they wouldn't have to answer for it until I was out of the country.

These are bad people. They will waste your time, take your money under false pretences, and smile at you the whole time. Make no mistake, you won’t get what you asked for, and will get dragged along until you give up on account of leaving the country. They pray on your trust, and victimize you for your cash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads