• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The finish on these Macs is not shiny at all. It's very rough and nappy, almost like a rough-out leather (even though it isn't).

Anyway, I like them.

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Not at a PC so sorry for sloppy response. Bleeker street had a lot of build/construction problems. Try it, see what happens-they looked pretty sweet. I saw the grey mctavish - didn't think of polish but without, that is a TOUGH color, won't go with anything. See my review, Zombie returns. 114 last is the shortest I tried. I take 7d in the 65 and a 7.5d in the 114 was just right.
Any addition info on this? Considering those boots right now.

menswhere

Reaction score
Right now I rotate bourbon strands, walnut strands, and bourbon mora 2.0s. I'd kind of like to add one or two more shoes into my rotation. I'm almost entirely business casual (chinos/pants and a blazer, no tie) -- any suggestions on another pair or two? Color options would be interesting to hear too. Thanks, everybody.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right now I rotate bourbon strands, walnut strands, and bourbon mora 2.0s. I'd kind of like to add one or two more shoes into my rotation. I'm almost entirely business casual (chinos/pants and a blazer, no tie) -- any suggestions on another pair or two? Color options would be interesting to hear too. Thanks, everybody.

Why not add a chili color or dark brown? I have the kenilworth in brown and it's a plain and sleek shoe which can be paired with jeans if you fancy.

Also in my opinion most shoes in dark brown will be very versatile. I have the lasalle in chili and I'm a huge fan, it's a great color to pair with chinos and dress pants.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I picked up a like new pair of McAdam dress boots for a song on the Bay, fit great and I think they would break in to be really comfortable, but, in the heel lining of the right boot there is a pronounced ridge/wrinkle that for sure will rub a blister....any chance a good cobbler could fix that? The wrinkle is very pronounced and rigid...
I had a similar issue with some Dalton 2nds I bought. I tried them on on carpet and I felt something, but not much. There was/is a fold back there. I think the 1st time I wore them out I may have put a bandaid back there. Now I don't feel anything. Maybe my foot settled into the footbed, I don't know. I wear these daltons all them time, now. No problems.

I think this is an issue that a cobbler can fix when they do a reheel or at least a full resole. Just spread the leather out. I plan to mention it, but I have too many shoes, I may not get there until a few years, lol.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow!  The mto program serves up some incredible builds.  Love the mix here, bourbon made a great base.

Seriously, I feel like a such a loser for owning 20 AEs and no MTOs...next pair, next pair.

Thanks ...the bourbon came out nice...I ordered extra furnishing on toe and heel but glad they sort of skipped it...

Don't worry I did the same 20 or so and the day I went to place my first MTO was the day they cancelled the SF mot program...so I missed all the steals.

polishrifle

Reaction score

Ive got them in Bob's Chili and was so happy with them I ordered both bourbon and brown...

I'm also considering grabbing a pair of Bleeker Streets's before they are gone. How do they fit compared to other 5 last offerings such as the Strand? I've read that others suggest sizing down 1/2 size. In your experience is this accurate? Thanks in advance.

chrisleduc1

Reaction score
I only have the PA in the 5 and whatever the Cameron is on. They do feel slightly longer. I actually went from a D to an E width and it felt great. Seriously comfortable. I actually have a 1/2 size smaller than normal and a regular coming but that'll be a few days. I think you'd be fine in your normal size or half down. For me I may really be an E width anyway so ths may be why it fit but I don't know. Sorry I can't say more.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score

Not a happy camper this a.m. Just put on my shell daltons, and ripped the pull tab. While I know the pulls on daltons are more visual than functional, it's hard to not grab it when putting on your boot... Now mine is ripped...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a happy camper this a.m. Just put on my shell daltons, and ripped the pull tab. While I know the pulls on daltons are more visual than functional, it's hard to not grab it when putting on your boot... Now mine is ripped...

Sorry about that, man. Maybe they'll fix it for you? I was scolded pretty strongly against using the pull tabs on any AE boots by a SA at an AE retail store once. Really left an impression...

danwatts2005

Reaction score
I

I've been eyeballing the Rogues for a while, and I like the Merlot in McCallister. If the Rogue was out in Merlot, I'd pull the trigger.

garland

Reaction score

I feel you, I did the same thing on my first pair of shell daltons before I even wore them out of the house. I took mine to a local cobbler, cost me 5 bucks to have it fixed and you would never know it happened. I would contact AE about it and see what they have to say.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh man, I'm sorry to see that happened. Hopefully it can be made right.

As much as AE claims it shouldn't be used, it kinda rubs me the wrong way that something so historically useful has become vestigial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads