• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAD10

Reaction score

My new pair of Kenilworth (black) :).
Got in on clearance sale from AE website combined with $50 AMEX promo. Final price ~ $161

mackguy

Reaction score
I have 3 pair; 5th Ave black, Parliament chili; 5th Street boot, brown.

I'm really loving the 5th street... got these at an outlet for $130.... Had a factory done rubber sole overlay, but apparently weren't accepted by whoever ordered them.

So comfortable, and very rich brown color.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I'll just say that the Jomocs fit relatively big with lots of room in the toes but not sloppy in the heel area. My feet don't slide around in them but I have room to wiggle my toes.
Jomocs are on the 7 last, which I think fits a little fuller in the toe box than the 1 last. That's been my experience anyway.

RitchieBro

Reaction score
I have my eye on a pair of those Fifth Ave. on Shoe Bank....good to hear a positive opinion on them!

I have 3 pair; 5th Ave black, Parliament chili; 5th Street boot, brown.

I'm really loving the 5th street... got these at an outlet for $130.... Had a factory done rubber sole overlay, but apparently weren't accepted by whoever ordered them.

So comfortable, and very rich brown color.

LanceM

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What could cause these light spots? I don't remember anything splattering on them. Any hope of restoring the color?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What could cause these light spots? I don't remember anything splattering on them. Any hope of restoring the color?

Overspray from the sink washing hands or from the upright urinal...
tinfoil.gif

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it depends on the leather and pattern quite a bit. The Dalton looks more blobby when I look down on it, but the 2-last is so long that it can feel like a clown shoe. For me, that was more true with the Ashbury, a wholecut, than with the EC. The toe cap (and possibly the grain) helps make my EC much more eye-pleasing than the Ashbury ever was, even though I sized the EC a half size longer. Still, I find the 511-last has a better creasing pattern than the 2-last on my foot. Note that in the below photos, the EC is 11 3E and the Dalton is a relatively narrow single-E.
I don't know they both look good. I wonder if any/which one would be on sale for Black Friday. That might help make the decision.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagle Country being more plain than the dalton looks more formal because there is no broguing.

mackguy

Reaction score
I have my eye on a pair of those Fifth Ave. on Shoe Bank....good to hear a positive opinion on them!
Yes, they are splendid. One thing, they will not really look like "boots"... they are really more like a "hi-top" dress shoe. They offer some more support and warmth than dress shoes, but otherwise are a dress shoe.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Did you have polish/wax on them prior? If so between brushing/polish etc you should be fine...I had a single water droplets hit my shaker heights which is a softer leather and one drop found it would seem the one small area I missed with treatment and the stain is still there..learned my lesson though...everything gets a thin coat of polish,nano spray, leather defender etc before first wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads