• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiofiofiofio

Reaction score
Got my Long Branches in today. Delivered in 1.5 weeks instead of the stated 4...I'm 2 for 2 with early delivery from AE. Was looking for a pair of boots for a long time, but finding my size (6.5E) is just about impossible without spending a bunch. These were marked down and available in my exact size so it was a no brainer. The last definitely has a bigger forefoot than my Strands in the same size, which is great because I'll be wearing thicker socks with them.

I am very happy with the color as well. The welt has just enough contrast to make it stand out, although it does not appear as light as the stock photos show. Not sure what I'll end up doing with the laces, but for now they'll be red (which feel like they have a little bit of stretch to them). Wisconsin winter awaits...

Off My Rack

Reaction score
Quote:
Agreed... I spent about an hour going back through the thread to find out how he did this, and it was just like you said. Mostly store credit, etc. He came out of pocket $39, which is by no means a pair of shoes for $39. The whole search turned out to be a complete waste of my time, which could have been avoided if that statement was never made.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Why? Have you worn them already? If you have and they fit then...

Nah just been testing fit at home on carpet. Thought it was perfect fit before but I have doubts. I'm gonna stop by allen edmonds store at short hills mall in nj after work tonight so I can also try size 6.5E.

I had the same thought.  OTOH, I only paid $248 for my BB Strand 1sts (supposed to arrive tomorrow), so for me the $50 might not be enough to justify an exchange.

Mm at least ya paid less than I did. I paid $276. Besides that $50 you save could go towards more shoes so that you can use all those shoe trees you ordered!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my Long Branches in today. Delivered in 1.5 weeks instead of the stated 4...I'm 2 for 2 with early delivery from AE. Was looking for a pair of boots for a long time, but finding my size (6.5E) is just about impossible without spending a bunch. These were marked down and available in my exact size so it was a no brainer. The last definitely has a bigger forefoot than my Strands in the same size, which is great because I'll be wearing thicker socks with them. I am very happy with the color as well. The welt has just enough contrast to make it stand out, although it does not appear as light as the stock photos show. Not sure what I'll end up doing with the laces, but for now they'll be red (which feel like they have a little bit of stretch to them). Wisconsin winter awaits...
Hmmm. Interesting. Mine have a matching welt color instead of the contrast in your pair.
I'm also in WI at the moment, though just for the weekend. La Crosse. Last night was brutal!

OptoDoc

Reaction score
The whole search turned out to be a complete waste of my time, which could have been avoided if that statement was never made.

In fairness, he did pay $39 for them and had previously stated why. It isn't kentyman's fault if someone hasn't been keeping up with the thread.

kentyman

Reaction score
I have these shoes as well and love them. Curious - how in the world did you get them for $39?
He didn't actually get them fo $39, I wish he never said that so we could avoid this question all the time. It was a unique combination of him having store credit because of a return, a coupon he got when he recrafted his shoes (which everyone gets), a sale, and possibly something else. All those things actually cost money which isn't factored into the $39.

So yeah, it's not a $39 pair of shoes.
Agreed...

I spent about an hour going back through the thread to find out how he did this, and it was just like you said. Mostly store credit, etc. He came out of pocket $39, which is by no means a pair of shoes for $39.

The whole search turned out to be a complete waste of my time, which could have been avoided if that statement was never made.

Well, not quite.

Feel free to read my full explanation again -- which I have reference each time I was asked -- in case you want to better understand. Sorry you insisted on wasting an hour of your life on this. I certainly wouldn't've recommended such a use of anyone's time...

Anyway, I was billed $74.38, even though the $175 store credit cost me zero out-of-pocket. I was able to use a $35 gift card that was given to me even though I paid zero out of pocket for a repair. My credit card bill was $39.38.

So you're right, it's not a $39 pair of shoes; it's a $39.38 pair of shoes.

I hope you spend your weekend time in a way you don't regret.

kentyman

Reaction score
In fairness, he did pay $39 for them and had previously stated why. It isn't kentyman's fault if someone hasn't been keeping up with the thread.

Thanks, 'Doc.

Unfortunately mine arrived with a big discoloration at the cap line and they fit much tighter than my calf Strands. I had about an inch lacing gap, so I had to send them back. Did they make these in an EE width?

Y'know, I was gonna wear mine today, but I had a similar concern about the width. My usual 5-65 shoes already have a pronounced-but-acceptable gap, but these are a tad bigger, likely from the sock liner. I think I'm gonna wear them around the house a bit to decide whether I need to go from 8.5D to 8.5E. If I recall, you probably have 8E and are curious about 8EE?

LeviMay

Reaction score

Hmmm. Interesting. Mine have a matching welt color instead of the contrast in your pair.

I'm also in WI at the moment, though just for the weekend. La Crosse. Last night was brutal!

Different boots. His are Dark Brown, yours are the Waxy Brown Leather.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your a little more than an hour from me right now. Yesterday the high was -7 F but today makes up for it. Don't look now and sounds like you will miss it but high on Monday is -12 F and low of -20. Any doubt as to why I like boots so much?
smile.gif

The Waterfront Restaurant is one of the better places to eat in La Crosse. Last time I was there the Mississippi wasn't frozen yet and I was thinking during dinner that I could put the canoe in and float downriver and end up down fairly close to OptoDoc. Going back upstream would pose a bit of a challenge however...

fiofiofiofio

Reaction score

Mine are just a little lighter brown than the leather upper...looks a lot like yours really. The stock photos make it look beige though.

green garden

Reaction score
I've read good things about Feibings Deglazer, Renomat, even straight up acetone (though very harsh). I am thinking about a mix of acetone & Feibings Deglazer (to give it some punch), because I want to get down to raw unfinished leather, and remove the color (bleach will be in the mix after stripping finish to whiteout the skin). From there, recondition (based on how harsh the strip was and dry the leather is) and the rest is all up to me.
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Gotta learn how to cross-post before I get kicked off the AE thread!!!!
I have used acetone diluted with alcohol and water to make it milder. Then I apply Lexol conditioner immediately and left it there overnight after just to ensure the leather doesn't dry up. I've done this to strip a couple of older shoes that had a lot of build-up (before I learned how to take care of shoes). The shoes turned out OK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads