• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatravel

Reaction score

welp, strand seconds are going back :/ a bit too wrinkly for my liking and a slight cut in the leather. came straight from the factory so I wasn't able to get j'ville to look over them.

shame, as they were a good deal.

I hope my 12Ds look OK. Mine are coming from Wisconsin too. If my S.O. intercepts them Tuesday, this might be my last post :)

It would be nice if AE used some more inconspicuous packaging. However, a shoe box still looks like a shoe box even if the AE logo isn't on it.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope my 12Ds look OK. Mine are coming from Wisconsin too. If my S.O. intercepts them Tuesday, this might be my last post
smile.gif

It would be nice if AE used some more inconspicuous packaging. However, a shoe box still looks like a shoe box even if the AE logo isn't on it.
yeah these were 12d's also. they'd be honestly okay for most, but coming from mainly aldens of first quality, I'm just being petty with these. I'll take the $199 and put it towards some bayfield MTOs if I can get the makeup I'm after.

good luck with yours!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was recently a question about what Bourbon shoes looked like. Bourbon shoes start their lives as Walnut shoes, and are then polished on a black polishing wheel, so each shoe looks different. Then, everyone who has a pair of Bourbon shoes takes care of their shoes differently. If a dozen Bourbon shoe owners were to gather in an Allen Edmonds store, everyone's Bourbon shoes would look different, and no one's Bourbon shoes would look like the Bourbon shoes on display in the store.

Here are my Bourbon Park Avenues, out in the afternoon sun. I have removed the laces so the tongues, which are still Walnut, show.

tampatravel

Reaction score

yeah these were 12d's also. they'd be honestly okay for most, but coming from mainly aldens of first quality, I'm just being petty with these. I'll take the $199 and put it towards some bayfield MTOs if I can get the makeup I'm after.

good luck with yours!

Thanks!!I was one of the lucky ones to get a pair at $129...so that will certainly sway my judgement :)

Shiny

Reaction score

Can someone ID these for me, please?
Speaking of, I got mine today (Saturday!). Thx FedEx :nodding: . I got them in black calf. They are marked as seconds with the marker on the bottom. The only "defect' is a slight raised part of the leather on the waist. After I put them through the paces, it won't be noticeable. These will be my dress down Friday shoes that I will wear with jeans or khakis. And, with a NYC big city vibe. I'll show a preference to wearing these on those day where there is a threat of rain. I'm always nervous when I wear shell during potential rain days. I have beater shoes for 100% rain days. I think these are a lot sleeker than Alden's LWBs on the Barrie last. I wish I could speak to the leather and whether it is comparable to the Independence line. I haven't handled the Independence line, though. The leather feels like the leather of the other AE shoes I have bought at the ~$300 pricepoint (msrp).

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two men enter one man leaves.....with shoes.
haha I hemmed and hawed on the fransboone 12d ravello plaza boot earlier this year. even went so far as to have them send me additional pics.. dragged my feet and someone, on here no less, grabbed them up. cant recall the screenname, but I curse them under my breath when they pop up every so often
censored.gif

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely feel bad for you. I had exotics before I had #8 just got lucky same with the walnut cordovan right before it ran out. How I wish I wore like a 6 or 16d. 8-10d is the worst

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely feel bad for you. I had exotics before I had #8 just got lucky same with the walnut cordovan right before it ran out. How I wish I wore like a 6 or 16d. 8-10d is the worst
I tried to get those plaza captoes from LS the other day and they didnt even get in a 12d :/

I have 4-5 more shoes on my radar and Im out!

tampatravel

Reaction score

just stay away from 11.5barrie/12plaza for sale discussion in the alden thread 
fight%5B1%5D.gif

I'm a dead man if I buy any more shoes. S.O. just stumbled apon my unworn Alden PTBs #8 in the closet. She wasn't happy when I told her the "deal" I got on them @ The Shoe Bank :) LOL

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a dead man if I buy any more shoes. S.O. just stumbled apon my unworn Alden PTBs #8 in the closet. She wasn't happy when I told her the "deal" I got on them @ The Shoe Bank :) LOL

hide some at the office like I do. Problem is I have educated my s.o. to the point she knows the difference between ae vs alden, calf vs shell, color 8 vs exotics, butchers vs bals only myself to blame. My office shoes will likely not see weekend use anytime soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics