• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkebh979

Reaction score

Mojaves on daddy duty. Toddler sick days are equal parts maddening and sweet.

Back to the shoes - this feels like a better-soled moccasin. Always wondered why they rarely get mentioned (while Gobi's seem to be everywhere).

(Edited to redact parts of original photo)

Last edited:

robster35

Reaction score
with all the Mctavish talk i just ordered a pair from amazon in the natural tan color. if the fit is right ill just return em and get em from shoebank

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents. What’s the best way to contact the shoe bank to request for a shipping label to return seconds? I’ve emailed them a couple of times and the online chat is always offline.

I would like to get a label to ship things out during the weekend.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents. What’s the best way to contact the shoe bank to request for a shipping label to return seconds? I’ve emailed them a couple of times and the online chat is always offline.

I would like to get a label to ship things out during the weekend.

Call the shoe bank that you ordered the shoes from, and request that they email you the shipping label. Otherwise, you can drop the shoes off at a local AE store (they should waive the restocking fee) or ship them back yourself (which again, should result in a waived restocking fee).

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Anybody have any pics of the Golden Brown Bellevue in the wild? This extra 20% off is calling my name.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love shell strands...sadly don't own any and no reason to wear them..I guess I could put them on a shelf to look at.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Couple of quick questions.
1) does the 1st ave boot have a single leather sole (it looks that way from the picture) or something similar to Daltons's sole in thickness?
2) Is the 20% off clearance just on firsts?

Thanks

RichieP

Reaction score

I've posted these pics here before. Both McT's are worth owning. The cognac are more versatile for me, but I'm really, really happy to have both.
LH7_3394_zpszlb1zcxd.jpg

LH7_3385_zpsqgms4ywx.jpg

LH7_3400_zpsvdyywuy8.jpg
The darker areas on the tan shoes aren't as prominent as they look in the pix. Love the look of that leather. The cognac is getting better with age (no pun intended...).

How long have you had your Cognacs? Have they darkened? Every time I see your pics, I think mine do not have any of the red tones yours do. And they're stamped 4045 inside the shoe (and on the box). But they have the dark welt and edge. I wonder if they're tan uppers with a dark welt. Love 'em anyway and wore 'em today. I think they'll eventually darken as they age. Still drives me batty though. :crazy:

Edit: mine look most like @ace13x's pics at this post:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/...eviews-pictures-sizing-etc/69975#post_8292853

Last edited:

RichieP

Reaction score

If I were standing on my feet all day, I'm thinking manning a booth at a convention, I would reach for my double sole Alden longwings (w/a steel shank).  I would not have thought this earlier since they are referred to as "gunboats" and look and seem substantial.  They are heavy but I don't know how they do it. They provide excellent support and my feet don't feel like I've been standing all day when I get home or to the hotel.   If I'm at my desk, sitting down, any single sole dress should will do. 

See, I'm the opposite. I have a stand up desk at work (it's better for my back). While I've found my switch to quality AE shoes with noticeably better sole and support has helped, I mentioned the lightness of my Strands to further emphasize how much better my feet feel when I wear them. Literally no standing fatigue after an 8 hour day!

Maybe I'm just a weakling, who knows? :butbut:

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my bourbon Strands from the 6pm sale, and I love them already.

This is one more reason I need to get a few more shoe trees.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Every time I polish these, they get prettier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads