• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score

I give the gents of this thread the worst thing AE has ever made.

What was the model name of this boot again? The "Gaping Maw of Despair"? No... the "Sweet Merciful Baby Hitler"? Nah, that's not it... The "Blissful Relief of Death, Envelop Me"? Hmm...

Oh, wait! Was it the "Heironymous"?

I do remember it was made up on the 666 last...

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance any of the new 201 lasted Indy's will be featured during the RDA? By that I mean more than the default 14.92% reduction everything gets?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any chance any of the new 201 lasted Indy's will be featured during the RDA? By that I mean more than the default 14.92% reduction everything gets?

Since you can buy them now, I would guess so.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mind if I do.

Walnut RL Singleton (seconds, as you can see from the crooked stitching on the toe).

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut Wednesday, though my brain swears it Tuesday. The pic is for @watchidiot ... and I thought @peppercorn78 would get a laugh at my shoe-coffee-stairs attempt.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walnut Wednesday, though my brain swears it Tuesday. The pic is for @watchidiot ... and I thought @peppercorn78 would get a laugh at my shoe-coffee-stairs attempt.
My man!! I like it. For me it's always hot coffee in the morning, iced in the evening.
He's asking if they will be "featured" with a larger discount than the default 14.92%.
Oh. Maybe? Doesn't the Jefferson usually get 100 off.

garland

Reaction score
Oh. Maybe? Doesn't the Jefferson usually get 100 off.

From what I understand, none of the independence shoes will be featured this year for less than 15%.

misterellington

Reaction score
What was the model name of this boot again? The "Gaping Maw of Despair"? No... the "Sweet Merciful Baby Hitler"? Nah, that's not it... The "Blissful Relief of Death, Envelop Me"? Hmm...

Oh, wait! Was it the "Heironymous"?

I do remember it was made up on the 666 last...

“The Blue Corrected Grain of Death”?

misterellington

Reaction score
The rarely seen in the wild “Scottsdale” Penny—with the removable orthotic insole. DREAM of a walking shoe, featuring a black Gumlite Vibram sole. Deep burgundy with braided stitching on the vamp and 'round the toe.

LOVE this shoe (another BCF find), albeit discontinued. You can remove the supplied orthotic and drop in a Dr. Scholl's or a customer jobbie from your podiatrist and it's built with extra clearance in the instep to accommodate that without pain across the top of the foot. On the 511G Last. She doesn't have that clunky, “orthotic” look, either! :)

Last edited:

RLeslieS

Reaction score
finally I got the $50 catalogue discount.

-------------------------

I haven't received mine yet -- hope I do!

Does the coupon apply only to in-store purchases or does it also include website and over-the-phone sales?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped into my local AE store today to check out the latest offerings, and to try the 1943 last out.

I tried on the Cornwallis in my typical Brannock size, 8.5D. I also take 8.5D in the 5 last, the 1 last, and the 7 last. I can wear 8E in the 1 last, as well. It was a very comfortable fit. A little bit roomier in the instep, although it tapers down to the vamp quite quickly, and was a little bit tight across the bottom eyelet area for me. I think in a blucher these would fit like a dream. The 5 last, by contrast, is tighter across the top eyelets and is very comfortable across the bottom eyelet area in balmorals. In a 5-last blucher, the fit is great overall.

@garland , what will the Cornwallis be at during the RDA? I'm also still contemplating a Rogue. What will those be priced at?

In terms of quality, I think they're a winner, except in Walnut. The burnishing on Walnut has gotten extremely wonky in the past year or so, to the point where it looks really blotchy and weird, especially on a shoe with so much "open space" like the Cornwallis.

Other shoes I saw included the new Bartlett (Indy line Strand), Hopkinson (Indy line Park Ave), and Jefferson 2.0. I have to say, while the quality looks nice, I am disappointed. I don't like the Jefferson 2.0 pattern - it's just the McAllister pattern now. I don't like the look of the Strand medallion/design on the 201 last. I thought it was similar enough to the 5 last at first glance, but something about the Strand medallion and the 5 last works so perfectly, that to see it on another last with a slightly different toe shape, was very jarring. Not a fan. The Hopkinson looks nice and will be a good seller, I'm sure.

I also saw the new suede Dundees, which look fantastic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads