• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterellington

Reaction score
I had a discussion with a BCF manager about the pricing. He said the shoes arrives already priced and they place them on the shelf. He said they did not make any decision to mark the shoes down further for a close out. This instruction comes from the corporate office. Corporate will send an order once per month, give a SKU number and any new prices. He said this is more likely to be a seasonal decision. Sandles, for example, will not sell well in winter and would be reduced. Year round styles would not. Finally, he said the only price reduction decisions on merchandise made at the local level is on damaged products.

The decision probably does come down from Corporate to reduce prices—but having shopped there regularly for AEs since late last year, the pattern is pretty clear—after a certain amount of time, usually about 30 days or so, the price on the AEs will dip a bit. As they're the highest priced shoes at BCF (Outside of the odd, small, but awesome Ferragamo or Antonio Maurizi gets) they get dropped—not the cheap Madden and awful Stacy Adams corrected grain stuff. The Schautals came in around December, lingered on the racks until early August and then ALL got pulled—right around the time they'd have been properly “in season”. My Sanibels, Sands', and Big Surs were undamaged firsts and I saw the prices drop—respectively on the Sanibels from $119.00 to $99.00 to $69.00, on the Sands' from $99.00 to $79.00 and from $139.00 to $99.00 to $69.00 on the Big Surs. Those reductions may well have come from home office to move the inventory based on SKU checks on what remained on the shelves. In my talks with two managers at two of the NYC stores, they alluded to more local flexibility on the pricing based on new inventory waiting to be stocked vs. what's been languishing on the shelves—especially once the stuff crosses certain threshold time-wise.

What you say is pretty much so, but based on what I've been told, with the more expensive stuff (like AE shoes) that doesn't move as fast, they have some secondary moves they can make to move it out faster—or as in the case of the Schautals, just pull 'em and send 'em someplace else to be sold to clear rack space.

RichieP

Reaction score

Amazingly enough I do not know when the next official sale is- Is the labor day sale over? finally I got the $50 catalogue discount.

What's this about a catalog and $50 off? It's funny, I've never received a physical catalog in the mail (bought two firsts in-store and three seconds), but my parents started getting them right after buying me a gift card with one of the Amex deals. Crazy. :crazy:

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazingly enough I do not know when the next official sale is- Is the labor day sale over? finally I got the $50 catalogue discount.

What's this about a catalog and $50 off? It's funny, I've never received a physical catalog in the mail (bought two firsts in-store and three seconds), but my parents started getting them right after buying me a gift card with one of the Amex deals. Crazy. :crazy:

Even crazier, I got two catalogs in the mail over the weekend (one addressed to me, one to the wife). Hers had the $50 coupon, mine didnt. :shrugs:

RichieP

Reaction score

@RichieP - didn't realize this was going to be for rain/bad weather. Personally I always use the Aberdeen or Black hills. The rush st should be fine too. Not sure about the McT - the double sole is definitely durable, it's just not something I would normally use in the rain like those others.

So, in the end, I let the clock run out on the Labor Day sale, and got nothing. Not for lack of trying, though. Went to the local Brooks Brothers on Saturday to see If they had the Aberdeen in stock, but alas, they did not. So I went across the street to chat with Cody at the Park Place AE store. He agreed it would make a nice rainy day shoe, but he didn't even have anything in that last to try on. Final straw was reviewing @coolarrow's SF Aberdeen pics while munching on a slice of cheesecake at Cafe Intermezzo and deciding it was just too rustic for the direction I want to go with my wardrobe.

I think I will wait for the next sale/trunk show and look at some of the newer models when they start arriving.

A few more random observations: wanted to look at a Rush Street again, but it too was gone. In its place on the shelf were a couple of Strandmoks. They don't look nearly as bad in person as they do on the website.

Also, went across another street to the Nordstrom Rack,just to see if I could get lucky with an AE find there. No such luck, but picking up some of what was there, I can't believe how insubstantial the shoes were! And to think I used to scan the shelves there for "deals." *shudders*. Bought some cool looking socks instead!

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of talk about BCF, sales, seconds, defects, and discount coupons (which I've also not received any to date)...

We need more pictures. Incoming navy shell MacNeils. Would have been great if the 2.0 was available then but I'm not complaining.
2a86253f_image.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok Dale!!

Chili calf/grain Regent Streets tonight:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These look pretty sleek Patrick. What last is the regent made on? Does it use the same chili grain used in the BB MacNeil?

Yeah, they're on the super narrow 4 last. I had to size up to 11 3E.

Incidentally my first AEs! And therefore first pair of quality footwear.

Not sure of the chili grain :(

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, they're on the super narrow 4 last. I had to size up to 11 3E.

Incidentally my first AEs! And therefore first pair of quality footwear.

Not sure of the chili grain :(
4 last is 234 last right? I think I have the chukkamoks which are also on that last.

Love how the iced coffee was put down probably because you had to hold the phone steady with 2 hands to get a good pic.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4 last is 234 last right? I think I have the chukkamoks which are also on that last.

Love how the iced coffee was put down probably because you had to hold the phone steady with 2 hands to get a good pic.

Yeah, 234 last. Actually, I put it there more as a visual element. I've been adding it to all my studio staircase pics recently, just to change things up.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, just got out of work - what a week this is turning out to be...Anyway, good labor day - picked up 2 1sts (Rye & Kirkwood) and 3 2nds (Presidio, MacNeil & Gobi).

Wanted to follow up on the Gobi - definitely the largest toe box I've ever tried, even more than the Walton. Went with 7D - people had suggested dropping a full size (meaning 6.5) but that would have put me right to the end. As is, length wise they are like a 65 blucher, and the lack of eyelets (think Kenilworth) means I'll get some creases. Width is large - if it was available I would have at least tried a B. One thing I like - with any shoe if I try an E, the entire fit is affected, whereas with the Gobi, the toe box is like an E, but the heel is like a normal D. One more thing - the combination of width and soft leather made the top (arch area) noticeably comfortable, more than most. Overall very happy with how these turned out.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even crazier, I got two catalogs in the mail over the weekend (one addressed to me, one to the wife). Hers had the $50 coupon, mine didnt. :shrugs:

Picture of the Sturgis 2.0...only down side is the gum lite sole...should have been done with the vibram 100 stacked heel

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RichieP - Don't worry about the Aberdeen - BB isn't discontinuing them, so just ask them to be brought in for you to try. I wore mine on Saturday from 8 un the morning until 2 in the morning, 5 miles of walking and 4.5 hrs of driving, so I can attest to how good they are. (sorry about the pricing comment guys
1f60a.png
, this will be it promise) - usually towards the Christmas holidays BB does 30% off putting them at 210, which is a steal if you ask me.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of talk about BCF, sales, seconds, defects, and discount coupons (which I've also not received any to date)...

We need more pictures. Incoming navy shell MacNeils. Would have been great if the 2.0 was available then but I'm not complaining.

Looks awesome, but yeah the 2.0 would have been a more balanced pattern. Glad you finally got them although I'd presume these might be your last AE's until another trunk show :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads