• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey all I have a pretty much brand new pair of black size 9.5 D AE Van Ness' I am looking to get rid of. The forum will not allow me to list within the classifieds due to the 45 day wait period. Send me a PM if you want pictures. If this is against the rules I will delete my post, I thought some of you AE fans might be interested.

BigCheese

Reaction score
from the privous 2 for $300 sale experience, the price reverts back to the listed price.
So basically instead of returning the 3 pairs, I should keep one of them but maybe get a different size. I would probably keep the Walnut players if I was going to keep any of the other three. Maybe I will take them back to the outlet and find a size of the players that works for me.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received 2 of my sale shoes last night, the UPS guy joked that they must not be as good as my other shoes because there was no signature required. The Vinci is a very elegant shoe, Jubei thanks for the heads up on those. The other shoe is the Strawfut. Wasn't sure about that one initially but after seeing them in person and wearing them plus feeling the breeze flow through them last night on the deck I know what I'm wearing on the hottest days of summer. With the sale price of these shoes it allowed me to explore outside my norm and I picked up two pairs of shoes both which pleasantly surprised me.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received 2 of my sale shoes last night, the UPS guy joked that they must not be as good as my other shoes because there was no signature required. The Vinci is a very elegant shoe, Jubei thanks for the heads up on those. The other shoe is the Strawfut. Wasn't sure about that one initially but after seeing them in person and wearing them plus feeling the breeze flow through them last night on the deck I know what I'm wearing on the hottest days of summer. With the sale price of these shoes it allowed me to explore outside my norm and I picked up two pairs of shoes both which pleasantly surprised me.

Glad to hear what you think about the Vinci.. I have some on the way. What color are yours?

I also thought about the Strawfut, but passed. It is way out of my norm; but as you say, this would have been the chance to try them. Glad you like them... what color?

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Walking in to work this morning, I saw someone wearing the Park Avenue in walnut grain, the first time I've seen those shoes in the flesh. I found them VERY intriguing; they had a beautiful patina, and looked great with tan cotton suit the guy was wearing. Now, aside from summer suits, chinos, and maybe jeans, what the hell would you wear them with? Yes they're beautiful, but are they versatile? I can't figure out how I would use them...

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
7140365957_65108aaed9.jpg

Rainy day so out comes the Fifth Street!

The more I see them, the more I think a pair of Fifth Street is in my future.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walking in to work this morning, I saw someone wearing the Park Avenue in walnut grain, the first time I've seen those shoes in the flesh. I found them VERY intriguing; they had a beautiful patina, and looked great with tan cotton suit the guy was wearing. Now, aside from summer suits, chinos, and maybe jeans, what the hell would you wear them with? Yes they're beautiful, but are they versatile? I can't figure out how I would use them...

The tan/walnut color looks good with a gray suit also. I think I saw an article on this on some blog site. The guy was pairing Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut with a gray (light enough that you would not call it charcoal) suit, and the combination looked great.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
The tan/walnut color looks good with a gray suit also. I think I saw an article on this on some blog site. The guy was pairing Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut with a gray (light enough that you would not call it charcoal) suit, and the combination looked great.
I wear walnut shoes (Player's, Soho, Strand) with grey all the time. My point was, more specifically, what to do with a grained-leather bal, given that the pebbled leather is less formal.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Just got the walnut Rush (Independence Collection) and suede snuff Players as part of the 2 for $200 sale. Amazing deal! Thanks to all for the heads up on this promo.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Wore these Vann Ness' a total of maybe three hours, they are pretty much brand new. Any of you AE fans interested? PM me, I want to get rid of them asap. 9.5 D.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Enjoy friend :slayer:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gave my 2 month old Leeds a bit of Renovateur and a solid brushing during last friday afternoon conference calls. Direct, late afternoon sunlight isn't the best lighting condition but you get the idea.These fit TTS so damn well I can't get over it. I wish the Macneil's last fit as well. For the Macneil, I had to size up by .5 and add a thin insole. They are very comfortable but the Leeds' #1 last seems to be made for my slightly wide, high volume feet. I purchased these during the recent shell cordovan promotion. These factory 2nds came in at $299. First pair had to be returned but these are close enough to perfect for me.

Last edited:

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
2 for 200 order placed! Snuff Players and Brown/Brown Mesh Strawfuts.

(And full-toe shoe trees -- 2 for $35)

bucksfan

Reaction score
Gave my 2 month old Leeds a bit of Renovateur and a solid brushing during last friday afternoon conference calls. Direct, late afternoon sunlight isn't the best lighting condition but you get the idea.These fit TTS so damn well I can't get over it. I wish the Macneil's last fit as well. For the Macneil, I had to size up by .5 and add a thin insole. They are very comfortable but the Leeds' #1 last seems to be made for my slightly wide, high volume feet. I purchased these during the recent shell cordovan promotion. These factory 2nds came in at $299. First pair had to be returned but these are close enough to perfect for me.

Lookin' good, my friend! Reno does a great job with shell. How many times have your worn them?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear what you think about the Vinci.. I have some on the way. What color are yours?
I also thought about the Strawfut, but passed. It is way out of my norm; but as you say, this would have been the chance to try them. Glad you like them... what color?
The Vinci is cappuccino which is close to dark brown but has a hint of chocolate color to it. Not sure what cream\polish to use on them yet. I really like the color and want to maintain it.

The Strawfut I got in brown also, it is more of a reddish medium brown. I feel the black would have been more traditional, especially paired with white or stone colored slacks. As I do not own any pants or suits that are that light I went with brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads