• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
An earlier post suggested that there be more shots of how our AE fit into our overall look; my take on that is to toss in a couple shots of the ensemble versus pics of myself. Never done this combo before;trying something new:

I think it works for a casual Wednesday look.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For fans of pictures of Allen Edmonds shoes being worn by an entire person rather than just being worn by feet, here's a picture of some Bourbon Park Avenues being worn by an entire person....

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burzan, do you only buy AEs?

It's also my first-year anniversary with AE.

dark brown fifth avenue
snuff suede strand
shell burgundy leeds
shell dark brown dundees

Sold due to sizing issues
black park avenue -replaced with alfred sargent captoe
burgundy macallister - looking to repuchase or maybe picking up the Jeffersons (burgundy available?)
walnut strand - great shoe, but walnut with broguing may be a bit too popping for me
chili delray - definitely looking to repuchase when a seconds deal pop up or the 2 for $250 deal
suede amok - meh

Geezus, the old me just wanted to replace my two pairs of Cole Haans with a pair of PA and FA and call it a day.

Mostly but I have been checking out other brands. I have been looking into Alden and now own a Pair of brown CXL Indy boots, natural CXL PTB and a pair of whiskey shell loafers. I also own boat shoes and loafers from OSB in brown CXL. I forgot I also own a pair of Tan Eagle County boots as well from AE, quite nice for a winter beater, picked up as seconds for $129.

I believe AE has some great value, offering frequent enough sales on first and seconds. Plus the MTO program here which is awesome and I am hoping to use it one day on something cool, just not sure what yet haha. Maybe do the Clark Street through the MTO program and add a funky colored liner, black Dainite and toasted welt

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should have done the eagle county 197 MTO. It was a no brainer. Would have been the perfect way to pick up some awesome boots with dainite soles :/

gatszu

Reaction score

Wearing my brown shell cordovan Jeffersons today. Here they are in the sunlight at my office. Regarding the conversation both these and my brown shell strands have began to patina and in spots they look brown and in some spots look burgundy. I say leave it and don't try to darken to the same color. The patina is all part of the shell experience...

Those are absolutely stunning!

Dillardiv

Reaction score

Wearing my brown shell cordovan Jeffersons today. Here they are in the sunlight at my office. Regarding the conversation both these and my brown shell strands have began to patina and in spots they look brown and in some spots look burgundy. I say leave it and don't try to darken to the same color. The patina is all part of the shell experience...

How long have you had those? I've been wearing mine about 1x a week for a few months and they still look brand new. I love yours starting to show some wear!

movoblast

Reaction score
I'm looking for some nice quality socks sold in multipacks. Those are nice but the colors are way too bright for my wardrobe. Do you happen to know any other sites that sell some darker/neutral colors?

luv2breformed

Reaction score
I'm looking for some nice quality socks sold in multipacks. Those are nice but the colors are way too bright for my wardrobe. Do you happen to know any other sites that sell some darker/neutral colors?

I've heard good things about viccel

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are your two shell's so different in color that you have the Jefferson and the Strand? Aren't they essentially the same shoe? Even more so once upgraded to Cordovan?

I always wanted a walnut strand and when the chance to get the Jefferson in Walnut on sale came this week I jumped on it as the Jefferson is an upgraded Strand ..No? Brown Cordovan strand was moving to the top of my wish list until I scored a used MacNeil Cord that seems brown

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For fans of pictures of Allen Edmonds shoes being worn by an entire person rather than just being worn by feet, here's a picture of some Bourbon Park Avenues being worn by an entire person....

Wow that is some shine on those shoes...my Bourbon Fifth Ave's look like crap compared to those...LOL guess I will be getting my polishing arm warmed up tonight...oh and great attire!

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are your two shell's so  different in color that you have the Jefferson and the Strand? Aren't they essentially the same shoe? Even more so once upgraded to Cordovan?

I always wanted a walnut strand and when the chance to get the Jefferson in Walnut on sale came this week I jumped on it as the Jefferson is an upgraded Strand ..No? Brown Cordovan strand was moving to the top of my wish list until I scored a used MacNeil Cord that seems brown

While I personally would find owning both redundant, at 12 pairs of AE, I'm hardly the connoisseur that GOP here is. I think he must have around 35 or so pairs.

So if one is as liberal with shell acquisition as our conservative friend, why not get both? Both of his pairs are quite beautiful.

bgp001

Reaction score
Are your two shell's so different in color that you have the Jefferson and the Strand? Aren't they essentially the same shoe? Even more so once upgraded to Cordovan?

The Jefferson is a short wing while the Strand is a cap toe. It's most similar to the Mcallister rather than the Strand.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Jefferson is a short wing while the Strand is a cap toe. It's most similar to the Mcallister rather than the Strand.

I know, I have the Jefferson in black and the Strand in brown shell.

Yes, technically they're different patterns, but essentially both highly brogued brown shell balmorals that I would use interchangeably in my own rotation. But if you have the means...why not?

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Jefferson is a short wing while the Strand is a cap toe. It's most similar to the Mcallister rather than the Strand.

Great thanks for the info - Of course now that I look after you mention it.....ugh...I have to stop looking at shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads