• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ec123456

Reaction score
How often does the shoebank get new stock of seconds? Is it worth emailing them each month?

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score

Cardinals WS game 4 attire. Unlike the umpiring, nothing controversial about these.
yeah... the sox should be up 3-1 now. The home plate ump had a very inconsistent strike zone to say the least. I don't care about Boston, but I'm tired of seeing the Cardinals in the world series. Seems like they make it every other year at least.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is walnut cloud. I've never seen that in the current color selections. Is it discontinued?

It's not discontinued:

But I'd also like to know the difference between regular walnut and walnut cloud....

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

just from the picture posted above, I can see that the cloud version has more subtle dark 'burnishing' throughout (seem thats the cloudiness right there), than the regular walnut (atleast the ones I have, that look like straight walnut color)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I ordered some as well and it said my estimated delivery was 7/14/14????

Wow. I guess someone has to grab an axe, cut some trees down and start whittling...

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a new pair of Fifth Avenues with double soles, for sale in the B&S forum. Enjoy the photos!

I saw those when they were listed, and I thought they looked like they may be shell cordovan in the sale post, but the price was very low. In your photos they look like shell to me too. Am I right?

kentyman

Reaction score
Wearing my burgundy shell daltons today as well! Picture from last week since I don't want weird looks in the conference room today. It's boot season/dalton Friday it seems.

I narrowly missed shell Dalton Friday... During the shell sale I didn't think I could justify two $299 purchases, so went with burgundy shell Patriots. Then I started kicking myself for not getting shell Daltons for that crazy price. By the time I went back to get some, they were all gone.

Then I noticed a pair of burgundy shell Daltons back on the seconds list (for $549, of course). I emailed Kristle of J'ville and asked if I could see them for $299 to decide which pair to keep. I now have both and am considering keeping both. Still need to try on the Daltons, but if they fit well I think I will have lucked into a second $299 pair after the buzzer.

FreedBird

Reaction score

I saw those when they were listed, and I thought they looked like they may be shell cordovan in the sale post, but the price was very low.  In your photos they look like shell to me too.  Am I right?

They are not shell, although I can see the photos could lead you to think so. The leather seems to be a custom brown calfskin that I haven't seen used very much on AE shoes.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
I ordered some as well and it said my estimated delivery was 7/14/14????

Are you a size Small? I noticed the same thing. I added four to my cart and it showed "in stock" and then at the last step of check-out just under the product name it said "11/11/14" so I didn't order. A few hours later it said "7/14/14" so again I didn't order. When I tried the same for Medium it showed "in stock" throughout. Unfortunately that's not my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads