• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
Funny thing is, we trying to buy the same shoes in the last two months or so. Remember the McAllisters with tap sole air puffing issue. lol

Haha, yup. Actually so as I mentioned when we were last talking about it, it was my right shoe (smaller foot) that was puffing air. I injured it slightly about 4 weeks ago playing softball and it was a little swollen. The air puff went away presumably because my foot was now filling out the shoe better. Now that the swelling has gone down the puff is back. I've gotten used to it, it's not that loud and really doesn't bother me all that much.

shartmann

Reaction score

I've never seen them in person but based on pictures I see here and on the web I really like them. Are they on the 2 last? There were only D widths left everywhere I looked so I went with an 8D even thought on the 5 last I'm a 7.5E. Like I said, if they don't fit, they go back.

Yes, I'm fairly certain these are on the 2 last. That's what I have read here, and also told the same by a customer service rep at AE.

gtvisa2002

Reaction score
Haha, yup. Actually so as I mentioned when we were last talking about it, it was my right shoe (smaller foot) that was puffing air. I injured it slightly about 4 weeks ago playing softball and it was a little swollen. The air puff went away presumably because my foot was now filling out the shoe better. Now that the swelling has gone down the puff is back. I've gotten used to it, it's not that loud and really doesn't bother me all that much.

Good to have the puff rather than the swelling I guess. Even I am used to it now.

bucksfan

Reaction score

Second MTO landed this week... Fairfax in cappuccino shell. The Fairfax was what started my love affair with AE as I saw it in a few men's magazines (in chestnut/walnut) and even on a billboard or two near the higher end shopping centers in town. I knew that those were big boy shoes and that one day I would make them mine. When Paul made the MTO offer, even for discontinued models, the Fairfax immediately came to mind as a must have in a rare shell color. As with the cappuccino shell Fifths, these were FLAWLESS right out of the box. I have been reading that there have been a lot of rejects in the MTO make ups as of late but assure you it is well worth the wait for the perfect pair. Last MTO should be landing middle to late next month. Getting very close to having a complete collection... until the new fall line of boots comes out of course.
Wow just beautiful. Nicely done!

bucksfan

Reaction score

vajegaty.jpg

1st family photo! Got my very first pair of AE's 3 months ago...bourbon strands, then the addiction took over.

On deck: merlot Mcallisters, walnut Rutledge, walnut Dalton's.
Anything else I'm missing? Thinking of getting a casual loafer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nice collection and a great start. The "anything else I'm missing?" Question is a dangerous one, because there's always something. Patriots would be a great loafer, longwing bluchers (MacNeil) and plaintoe bluchers (Leeds) are staples...

cinnabar

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm hoping to get some advice. I received a new pair of McAllisters and on the toe there are what appear to be dark lines and the leather is sort of pushed outward along them. I tried to get pics that show it. I'm wondering whether these are worth exchanging because of the perceived defect or if it is not out of the ordinary. Thanks!

DHD28

Reaction score
^ Perfectly typical. Merlot versions tend to show it a bit more. You're fine.

PK35216

Reaction score
Second MTO landed this week... Fairfax in cappuccino shell.
The Fairfax was what started my love affair with AE as I saw it in a few men's magazines (in chestnut/walnut) and even on a billboard or two near the higher end shopping centers in town. I knew that those were big boy shoes and that one day I would make them mine.
When Paul made the MTO offer, even for discontinued models, the Fairfax immediately came to mind as a must have in a rare shell color.

As with the cappuccino shell Fifths, these were FLAWLESS right out of the box. I have been reading that there have been a lot of rejects in the MTO make ups as of late but assure you it is well worth the wait for the perfect pair.

Last MTO should be landing middle to late next month. Getting very close to having a complete collection... until the new fall line of boots comes out of course.

Effing Amazeballs! Great stuff!

thecooldude33

Reaction score
Here are some pics (excuse the crappy quality) of my pretty basic AE collection. I am going for the Walnut Strand next.

David Copeland

Reaction score
When Kristle at Jeffersonville ordered my MTO shell Leeds she arranged to have AE include a free pair of shoe trees. They came from the factory with the full toe trees inserted in the shoes.
Were the shoe trees from the factory which came with your MTO the standard trees AE sells - or were they AE trees made for the exact Last of the MTO pair?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads