• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitshine123

Reaction score
When does the Spring collection usually get released? I'm excited to see what they have in store for us this upcoming season!

Perhaps the Feb sale day signifies the clearance of Winter models and bringing in the spring lineup?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that a MacNeil in walnut on the left? if so, I wish they still offered the MacNeil in walnut without the pebble grain. Yours look amazing!

+1000. The current MacNeil in pebble grain looks so inferior to acousticfoodie's. The patina achieved on the MacNeil in walnut (above) is insanely sassy. I'm envious.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1000. The current MacNeil in pebble grain looks so inferior to acousticfoodie's. The patina achieved on the MacNeil in walnut (above) is insanely sassy. I'm envious.

+1000 to your +1000. I thought exactly the same when I saw those. One of the best looking combinations of color, patina, and style that I've seen on an AE shoe.

You can do a custom makeup of the MacNeil in walnut calf. It does not look nearly as nice on the site as in acousticfoodie's picture. It also prices out at $460 (I don't know why); and of course, would never be on sale.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody got pics of Kenilworths you have had for a while? Mine seem to be creasing a bit more than anticipated even with consistent care and what not. Been using leather lotion and polish just like normal, but they are creasing worse than my strands. 

Big Cheese

You know, i had the Kenilworth for a few months, and i will say that compared to balmoral style shoes, blutchers tend to crease more on the vamp in general. There is more vamp area that moves around on a blutcher, compared to the restricted vamp on a balmoral. I suspect that is all that is to it (assuming you are indeed maintaining your shoes well). Just the nature of the shoe style.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting myself a nice pair of Dark Brown Park Avenue Oxfords - I was going to grab some Loakes 1880 Aldwych, but there is seller here who is offering the AE's for a very good price.

I just used the sizing guide on the website and it looks like i'm a 10US, yet the Lloyd's that I wear are a 8.5UK size.

do the AE's run bigger to size.

cheers
ben

I would totally ignore what the AE size guide says, at least for the size; the width seems okay.

I used the guide and it told me I was a 9.5. I decided that's not what I thought I was at all, and bought the 9, and it was still huge; my actual size is 8 to 8.5. The Brannock had me pegged at 8.5 I think.

Hope this helps.

REguy

Reaction score
^ I tried their size guide for the heck of it and measured as a 9.5D. However, I'm a 10.5D across the board in AE shoes. I couldn't imagine trying to stuff my hooves into a 10, and a 9.5 would be torture.

jdsher

Reaction score
Just received email from AE about a sale on boots. They list the Ashbury, Malvern, and Bayfield. Unfortunately, when you try to pull up the Bayfield you get an error message and the Malvern's aren't showing any discount at all. Didn't I read something about AE discontinuing the Bayfield. If so, I think it's a shame as I'd love a pair.
Jon

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received email from AE about a sale on boots. They list the Ashbury, Malvern, and Bayfield. Unfortunately, when you try to pull up the Bayfield you get an error message and the Malvern's aren't showing any discount at all. Didn't I read something about AE discontinuing the Bayfield. If so, I think it's a shame as I'd love a pair.
Jon

I can confirm that they are indeed on sale, at least at AE stores, as i stopped by and saw the Bayfield, Malvern, and Ashbury marked as clearance. Call an AE store, might give you better information.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, if anyone was planning on getting any Seven collection AE's, now is the time. I had a pair come in at my local AE store, and we noticed that they now scan at $199! :bounce2: That is a steal for that quality shoe, you will probably have to call stores to get them though, as most were recalled to the AE warehouse.

An interesting sizing note on the Seven collection. I have a Tresana in 10 EEE, i assumed that they only made one last for the blutchers in that collection, and ordered the Vinci in the same size. It turns out that they were regretably to tight, and will have to get them at my usual AE size of 10.5 EEE. The looked fantastic though, can't wait for the new pair. :D

I also got a chance to compare them with the Independence collection, and there is a lot of similarities amongst them. Same supple leather, similar sole design, insole padding is also comparable, even the shoe laces are the same. We'll see how they fare at a higher price point, i think i saw one i liked coming out in the upcoming season. I'll have to see it in person.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone end up putting up real life pics of the walnut cordovan boot? I was really interested to see 'em in the wild before considering purchase,

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When does the Spring collection usually get released? I'm excited to see what they have in store for us this upcoming season!

The Spring/Summer 2012 Catalogue will be released sometime in early to mid February so keep an eye on AE's website.

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone end up putting up real life pics of the walnut cordovan boot? I was really interested to see 'em in the wild before considering purchase,

Yes there is a thread on here about them and a couple of us did-
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277216/allen-edmonds-dalton-shell-cordovan-in-walnut

Except for some looseness in the heel area which seems common I'm very pleased. In fact considering the Limited Edition Strand now which is why I am currently looking through these threads. Cripes last month I picked up 5 more AE shoes\boots with 2 in shell, WTH am I thinking?!? Here are my Shell Daltons, click for a larger pic:

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ man that shell dalton is so sweet. I've seen it in store, it gets even better in person! good pick up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads