• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRJames

Reaction score
Finally caught up with the thread, just a couple nights of bleary eyed (and amused) reading!

I don't want to go back and dig up my old monster of a post for the sake of quoting it, but for anyone interested, just received my third replacement pair from the shoebank (1x Strand, 2x McAllister) and this new pair also has what feels like a lump in the sole or my right shoe. Kinda feels like a smal marble embedded in the insole while I'm wearing it. Maybe somewhat less significant than the other two pairs, but definitely there. Still so strange, can't feel it at all in my Fifth Aves.

I tried moving to a 9.5E, and think that it going to solve the slight tightness issue I have in my Fifth Aves, but the lump in my right foot is just really uncomfortable.

Surely I can't be so unlucky as to have the same fit anomaly in three pairs of shoes? Im guessing it has to be a fit issue, but no idea why it wouldn't happen in my Fifth Aves. I'm going to go back to my store and try a couple pairs there where I can tell on the spot If there's a lump, but kinda hate that I can't seem to take advantage of the shoe bank (all three pairs I'm returning have been cosmetically impeccable).

I'll update afterwards in the unlikely event anyone else is experiencing this, but would love to hear if anyone has had a similar issue?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now those are some sharp looking shoes! The black and red really go well together and with nice sock matching to boot! I don't own those! LOL.
lookaround.gif

Thank you. Not the easiest of finds. They're a couple of the Cognac version on eBay right now (I think one is NWB). Apparently they also made a couple in black patent leather with red contrast:

http://m.taowaitao.cn/index/detail/index/id/ugc-79bdad1e384d51a5/shareId/

Those are a little too bold for me.

@TexasTexter Good choice with the Loden. Of course, the correct choice would be all three.
bounce2.gif

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally caught up with the thread, just a couple nights of bleary eyed (and amused) reading!

I don't want to go back and dig up my old monster of a post for the sake of quoting it, but for anyone interested, just received my third replacement pair from the shoebank (1x Strand, 2x McAllister) and this new pair also has what feels like a lump in the sole or my right shoe. Kinda feels like a smal marble embedded in the insole while I'm wearing it. Maybe somewhat less significant than the other two pairs, but definitely there. Still so strange, can't feel it at all in my Fifth Aves.

I tried moving to a 9.5E, and think that it going to solve the slight tightness issue I have in my Fifth Aves, but the lump in my right foot is just really uncomfortable.

Surely I can't be so unlucky as to have the same fit anomaly in three pairs of shoes? Im guessing it has to be a fit issue, but no idea why it wouldn't happen in my Fifth Aves. I'm going to go back to my store and try a couple pairs there where I can tell on the spot If there's a lump, but kinda hate that I can't seem to take advantage of the shoe bank (all three pairs I'm returning have been cosmetically impeccable).

I'll update afterwards in the unlikely event anyone else is experiencing this, but would love to hear if anyone has had a similar issue?

I've never experienced this problem, so I really have no idea what you're dealing with. Hopefully someone at the store can figure it out with you.
Good luck!

quickonthetree

Reaction score

Refund posted today for the Red Neumoks. Just couldn't do it. I like the "Red Velvet Cake" ones I have better. Yes I said it they remind me of Red Velvet Cake, especially in the creases. LOL.
I've been on the hunt for red ones for a long time. I found a new unworn pair on ebay like 8 months ago but the auction ended while I was at a school event for the kids and I lost them. I can't bring myself to try the 2.0s after how wonderful the 1.0s were. I have 3 of the 1.0s but not the red or olive.

Last edited:

gm928

Reaction score
The words that I've amassed in my 33 years of life cannot even begin to describe what it felt like. Clearly I'm not their target market (was told when I had it on that I was 1 out of 17 in the world to have it). However what it DID do was let me know that suiting is NOT stuffy and boring and uncomfortable. Half of that price, if not slightly more is probably just for the name Kiton. I also tried on a few Isaia suits that felt 90% like Kiton and for 10k less (still not my market but today was very educational for me and suits in general.) I was officially bit by the suit bug today and I thank everything on earth and not on earth that I don't have to wear a suit to work because with my addictive personality I'd for sure own a few Isaia suits at least in my rotation if that were the case.

I've got three Isaia suits, all purchased new from Sierra Trading Post for ~$500 each. If you're looking to acquire one at a discount, you need to play the long game. Know your measurements, search continuously, and be ready to pounce when something pops up, particularly if you can compound a sale with a coupon code. It took me several years to get the three that I've got, and unfortunately STP is no longer selling Isaia -- but you can probably snag them on Ebay if you troll consistently.

quickonthetree

Reaction score
So this weekend at home was bad for the wallet. Like I stated earlier my wife had to go to Atlanta to visit family so I got left home with 4 kids. Playing on the internet while they watch movies is bad. I ended up with a Bourbon Kenilworth coming my way. A walnut First Ave boot and a Walnut Dalton. I also found a brogue suede Juneau on ebay and picked it up for a great price. It should be nice this summer. My dark chili Strands arrived today but they had boxed up the wrong shoes so MacNeils were inside. I'm waiting on the return label so I can get these shipped back. My strands have already been correctly shipped out. I haven't had any luck on the briefcase yet but Ashley at the Charleston SC shoebank has been awesome and has a pair of brown grain First Aves being shipped in for inspection. As long as they pass the test they should be heading my way this week which I'm excited for. My AE flasks came in and I have some AE flat laces for some of my shoes on the way as well as a few more pair of Guarded Goods for my boots. Last but not least I added a new Manistee belt in Bourbon and Walnut to the collection and looking for one in Chili lol.
I think that wraps up my weekend purchases. I mainly wore my Higgins Mills, Chili Daltons and Walnut Strands this weekend. Probably wear the Rush Streets tomorrow. Whew!!!! What a recap.

Edit: Forgot to add I picked up a Chicago model 3 comb with a Olive Horween Shell Cordovan Sheath from Massdrop which looks incredible.
I also snagged another CRKT Graham 4030 folding Razel with Linen Micarta scales. I gave the one I had to a buddy a while back and they just now came back in stock. I will probably grab an SS7 as well just because.

Last edited:

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score

So this weekend at home was bad for the wallet. Like I stated earlier my wife had to go to Atlanta to visit family so I got left home with 4 kids. Playing on the internet while they watch movies is bad. I ended up with a Bourbon Kenilworth coming my way. A walnut First Ave boot and a Walnut Dalton. I also found a brogue suede Juneau on ebay and picked it up for a great price. It should be nice this summer. My dark chili Strands arrived today but they had boxed up the wrong shoes so MacNeils were inside. I'm waiting on the return label so I can get these shipped back. My strands have already been correctly shipped out. I haven't had any luck on the briefcase yet but Ashley at the Charleston SC shoebank has been awesome and has a pair of brown grain First Aves being shipped in for inspection. As long as they pass the test they should be heading my way this week which I'm excited for. My AE flasks came in and I have some AE flat laces for some of my shoes on the way as well as a few more pair of Guarded Goods for my boots. Last but not least I added a new Manistee belt in Bourbon and Walnut to the collection and looking for one in Chili lol.
I think that wraps up my weekend purchases. I mainly wore my Higgins Mills, Chili Daltons and Walnut Strands this weekend. Probably wear the Rush Streets tomorrow. Whew!!!! What a recap.

Edit: Forgot to add I picked up a Chicago model 3 comb with a Olive Horween Shell Cordovan Sheath from Massdrop which looks incredible.
I also snagged another CRKT Graham 4030 folding Razel with Linen Micarta scales. I gave the one I had to a buddy a while back and they just now came back in stock. I will probably grab an SS7 as well just because.

Turn in your amateur card, you are now a professional. :)

amphillips79

Reaction score

I've got three Isaia suits, all purchased new from Sierra Trading Post for ~$500 each. If you're looking to acquire one at a discount, you need to play the long game. Know your measurements, search continuously, and be ready to pounce when something pops up, particularly if you can compound a sale with a coupon code. It took me several years to get the three that I've got, and unfortunately STP is no longer selling Isaia -- but you can probably snag them on Ebay if you troll consistently.

Agreed. I've been on the search for a high-end suit on eBay, but it's been a long wait. I got extremely lucky last evening and stumbled across an Oxxford suit in my measurements. The pants may need slightly altered in length but coat size and waist size was spot on. The seller also accepts returns, no questions asked so if it doesn't fit right it will go back. I ended up getting it for what I consider a great price considering the quality of Oxxford. Now to find that perfect pair of shoes to complete the ensemble....

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys - you have all always been super helpful anytime I post here asking for assistance, so thanks in advance for one more time.

These are the Dalton in shell, but Ive heard about this walnut business that everyone is looking for. Any way to tell if these are them? And if not, what the correct color is called? Most appreciated!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey guys - you have all always been super helpful anytime I post here asking for assistance, so thanks in advance for one more time.

These are the Dalton in shell, but Ive heard about this walnut business that everyone is looking for. Any way to tell if these are them? And if not, what the correct color is called? Most appreciated!

They are. I found a reference on AAAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads