• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I realize I want all the shoes. And by all I mean all. But I also want less shoes so I can wear my favorites more often. Worst catch 22 ever

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I realize I want all the shoes. And by all I mean all. But I also want less shoes so I can wear my favorites more often. Worst catch 22 ever
OK, I will offer a little help with your dilemma. Reducing the number of shoes is just silly and you can't grow more feet. The solution is expanding your concept of "proper shoe rotation." This does NOT mean giving a day of rest in between wearings to preserve the shoe. Your solution is found in choosing shoes for "morning Rich, afternoon Rich and nighttime Rich."

Morning Rich needs a shoe that says, "I'm full of energy and ready to take on the day." After a pleasant lunch, its time to switch shoes for afternoon Rich.

Afternoon Rich shoes should be strong and say, "I'm successful and master of all I see. I am solid and not a person to be taken lightly." Finally, as you leave the office, its time to change shoes for nighttime Rich.

Shoes for nighttime Rich should say, "I just finished a successful day and now I am ready for whatever comes next. Yes ladies, take note. Catch me now or I'm off to the links." Adopt this new shoe rotation into your life and you will quickly see that you do, in fact, need all of the shoes. You are welcome.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very solid advice @smfdoc . Going that route...I NEED MOOR SHOES!
bounce2.gif

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
Ordered some Walnut Strands from the Nordstrom sale. I also bought a pair of the Natural Oak Streets from our favorite Ebay seller last night. Got them for $100, supposedly worn onc and look perfect in the pics. They'll be joining Macneils, Aberdeens, and Hinsdales.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SLCRich Those Macneils? They look great
Yes indeed, the 2.0 brown grain. With @smfdoc advice, I now realize I need moor grain and moor walnut...and moor shell. BARN WEASELS ALL OF YOU

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Feet up while thrifting. Suede MacNeils for "morning smfdoc."

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JLC2

Reaction score
Is this a serious question? Lol

Yes.

Just curious if people put them back in the bags "as is" or if there is a "correct" way to get the city-scuzz off before doing so.

My apologies if this is a silly question.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: I, for one, do not view the question as silly at all. My PERSONAL routine after wearing a shoe is a quick brush of the welt and across the sole and heel. I then wipe down the uppers with a slightly damp cloth and then a wipe around the sole edge and across the soles to remove the superficial grime. Let dry completely and then a quick brushing before inserting shoe trees and placing them in the bags.
I also have several pairs of Alden shoes with black soles. Those soles are also wiped with the damp cloth and allowed to dry. The final step for those shoes is to wipe down the soles with black edge dressing liquid to restore their appearance. This is likely overkill, but it is my routine and I know the shoes are clean and ready to store for eventual use again. As many of you know, some of these shoes represent a considerable investment, especially if one purchases shell. I choose to really take care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads