• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daltons and rusty chinos today. It's funny - one shoe has loosened up considerably, almost to the point where it feels like a 1/2 size/width bigger. About 10 wears in. Never experienced this with any other shoe. Might need to have the other one stretched? Or wear a thicker sock on one foot
confused.gif

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daltons and rusty chinos today. It's funny - one shoe has loosened up considerably, almost to the point where it feels like a 1/2 size/width bigger. About 10 wears in. Never experienced this with any other shoe. Might need to have the other one stretched? Or wear a thicker sock on one foot
confused.gif

Did you polish the toes of those with regular walnut polish or something different to get that deeper color?

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my BB Beefroll Kenwoods and aside from the seconds stamp on the bottom of them they are perfect. This is now the 2nd pair I have from them with no flaws as far as I can tell. If anyone has hesitation in buying these from shoebank I'd say go for it and certainly during the sale. I'd buy all the BB versions if they had them in my size (I should probably be grateful they don't.) They are eligible for recraft and apparently get recrafted with the exact same sole type they come with which is just more of a reason to get them in my opinion. Its also hard to complain about the insoles they have.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been walking in my new Carlyle's today and am so surprised how comfortable they are. I was afraid of the single oak leather insole for a long time because I thought it would cause my feet pain. My Carlyle's are more comfortable than my Leeds, which doesn't make sense to me.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Cashing two large insurance checks = intro to shell.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been walking in my new Carlyle's today and am so surprised how comfortable they are. I was afraid of the single oak leather insole for a long time because I thought it would cause my feet pain. My Carlyle's are more comfortable than my Leeds, which doesn't make sense to me.

I have been waiting for the last pair of bourbon carlyles to disappear from the bank and it keeps taunting me. Price isn't getting any lower than $177 I image so... I have a pair of bourbon already but no carlyle....

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for the last pair of bourbon carlyles to disappear from the bank and it keeps taunting me. Price isn't getting any lower than $177 I image so... I have a pair of bourbon already but no carlyle....
Buy them and see what the issue is. I got a pair of Vernons (wearing them now) that had clearly been in the network for awhile (they had a older style box) that had some damage to the toe box and some creasing. They knocked 20% off to get me to keep them. Worth a shot to ask.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just snagged a used pair of moderately used vintage Shell Florsheim Imperial LWBs off the bay for $70 plus shipping that should be getting here tomorrow. Also my first shell shoes.

HoldenMI

Reaction score
I received this today from the Charleston store:

"Brooks Brothers styles will be on sale for $149, and both the Park Avenue and Strand will be $239, with their Independence Collection counterparts (the Hopkinson and Bartlett) dropping to $299. Some of the other featured styles are the McAllister ($249), Cornwallis, Yorktown, Grayson, and Carlyle ($199), and all Road Warrior styles will be $189."

Trying to decide what I am targeting. Several of those prices are very tempting.

BTW, Jason in that store has been very helpful and friendly to me so far over e-mail. He seems to do a good job at describing the shoes that you inquire about as well. I'll have to do him a solid and make purchase from that store.
Thanks! So it's an outlet-only sale?

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You may find that nice calf is just a "gateway shoe." Give details on brand, styles and colors.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

You may find that nice calf is just a "gateway shoe." Give details on brand, styles and colors.

I will, when I pull the trigger. I have a trip to Disney staring me in the face, too, so we'll see.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy them and see what the issue is. I got a pair of Vernons (wearing them now) that had clearly been in the network for awhile (they had a older style box) that had some damage to the toe box and some creasing. They knocked 20% off to get me to keep them. Worth a shot to ask.

Funny you say that, they have brown Vernons in my size currently and I do like the look but with Cornwallis coming on sale as seconds I might have to go that route in chili.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My bourbon Carlyle's had no noticeable flaws, aside from some color variation I noticed. I think a lot of the bourbon seconds are just color issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads