• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snuff Fullerton (2nds) and blue chinos. I feel much better about the shoe/sock/pants pairing than what came out in the crappy pics. For some reason the color balance is way off and I think I just made things worse trying to get the pants closer to actual color. One of my early pairs of AEs... I am always pleased when I reach for these. They are a little short (511 last; in my 65 size), but the suede provides some decent flex.

amphillips79

Reaction score
Alright gentleweasels, a few pics to share.

First up are the new Bourbon Daltons I'm rocking today.

My family bought me a new pair of Cronmoks as a combined Christmas gift.

Finally, I felt it was high time to get a picture of the collection. I clearly have a brogueing addiction. The dreary day today meant I had to use the bathroom lighting since I couldn't get a good picture outdoors. No judgement please! Only two non-AEs in the center (J&M).

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn these in age, but decided to add some dark brown wax to see if I can darken the heels and toes back to how they looked new. Happy with the outcome.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what are your thoughts this is a pic of my worn today third time Acorn Hillfire's it looks like the heel is separating.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what are your thoughts this is a pic of my worn today third time Acorn Hillfire's it looks like the heel is separating.

The heel separated on my Gobis after maybe 15 wears, AE replaced them for free.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:

Someone on Ebay is selling a pair of new Leeds in brown, but these are the old Leeds from many years ago. Looks like they need some conditioner, but otherwise, are in pretty good shape. They are only $134. I won't be getting these, but someone should consider them. Size is 8 D.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-E...305570?hash=item4b0f3e9022:g:EW0AAOSwnHZYaw45
Interesting because they have the dove tail heel, wheeling and other things you don't normally see with standard calf. It almost looks like they are made from Indy leather.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting because they have the dove tail heel, wheeling and other things you don't normally see with standard calf. It almost looks like they are made from Indy leather.

They look like burgundy color, but I'm not sure. I noticed the heel too. The black insole is there too, which some may not like. I almost guarantee these shoes will sell in 2 days.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AE does have some heel issues in some pairs, as noted by @MattRiv . Some pairs suffer total failure and others do not fail with the cracks being more cosmetic. Time will tell.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like burgundy color, but I'm not sure. I noticed the heel too. The black insole is there too, which some may not like. I almost guarantee these shoes will sell in 2 days.

I think those def look like my merlot Hopkinsons in terms of color. They have to be MTO to have the wheeling/heel combo, right? The markings on the leather and the fold on one of the quarters def looks like Indy leather to me.

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those def look like my merlot Hopkinsons in terms of color. They have to be MTO to have the wheeling/heel combo, right? The markings on the leather and the fold on one of the quarters def looks like Indy leather to me.

The sole with the wheeling effect is actually the same on my black Leeds. The heel is different though. I actually don't think they are made to order, although the leather does look like Indy leather.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went with the dark chili Daltons today along with my favorite gift from Santa (wool-cashmere topcoat in dark camel from J-Crew).
I have both of those (chili Daltons and the exact same coat). The Daltons get more frequent use by far, because I often find it difficult to work the coat into my wardrobe effectively. I love it, though.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the special "Black Friday" makeups didn't appear on Shoebank?
I haven't seen any "new" bourbon shoes pop up there either (but there are still a handful left from earlier last year).
What are they doing with these seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads