• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of suede chukkas, here's comparisons of the AE Loden and Alden Hunting Green colors.

Being completely honest, my color preference is AE. But the comfort of unlined suede and a single sole is pretty incredible; the Aldens are like wearing a slipper.

I didn't get in on the MD chukkas due to width and color, but may revisit that when they are offered again. For now, I'm keeping the Aldens.
I tried on the Aldens when I was last in SF and loved them, so when the MD chukka came out I was all over that. Can't wait to get my hands on those.

ny3pcg

Reaction score
Do the dundees fit similar to the Higgins mill? I have the HM in a 9.5D but have not gotten a chance to try on the dundees.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A seller on the bay has a pair of what he calls Cordovan Carltons. The picture indicates a style number of 33197.
My concern is that the leather has creases that are not consistent with what I have seen here for true Cordovan leather.
Does anyone have info on the listed style to confirm or deny the Cordovan claim?

Thanks in advance.

-Eric

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A seller on the bay has a pair of what he calls Cordovan Carltons. The picture indicates a style number of 33197.
My concern is that the leather has creases that are not consistent with what I have seen here for true Cordovan leather.
Does anyone have info on the listed style to confirm or deny the Cordovan claim?

Thanks in advance.

-Eric
Many refer to cordovan as a color...happens all the time...if it does not say Shell Cordovan then it wont be(even then look carefully)

gm928

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

-Eric

Definitely not shell cordovan. When an ebay listing just says "cordovan" without the word "shell," it usually just means cordovan color (i.e., burgundy), and not real shell cordovan leather. The leather in the photos for that particular listing shows absolutely no signs of being shell, and the soles on those shoes aren't the kind that AE typically uses for shell.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Damn that boot looks great...I just ordered a Trickers boot on Commando to mix in my bad weather mix...UGH..I would have more bad weather boots than actual bad weather days!.........FRACK why can't I wear boots on my hands!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Damn that boot looks great...I just ordered a Trickers boot on Commando to mix in my bad weather mix...UGH..I would have more bad weather boots than actual bad weather days!.........FRACK why can't I wear boots on my hands!

Thanks @mreams99 for the heads up, that is exactly what I was hoping to see.

For me, that is not a bad-weather boot as much as a $199(!) cool-weather boot.

Love the color assuming good pics; and Loden/olive gets checked off my "really want" list.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I'd gotten them for $99 - I was referring to the ShoeBank price that is apparently coming up
When is this sale? I see these shoes for $157.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Interesting they brought the Sanford and Lexington back. The Rogue and Sanford are so similar.

Last edited:

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting they brought the Sanford and Lexington back. The Rogue and Sanford are so similar.

The Sanford may be more versatile, the large perforations on the Rogue make it a more casual choice.

RLeslieS

Reaction score
Well the tan seems to be off the site for some reason (or at least it doesn't come up when searching "MCTAVISH" (copied and pasted from the page for the older model)

Bizarre. I wonder what will happen to the one I special-ordered . . .

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excuse the cross post, but I thought I would post this given the number of people on the thread that discuss picking up previously worn shoes on Ebay and other locations

I thought I would take the opportunity to discuss shoe hygiene and the various concerns on wearing a pair of shoes that have been previously owned. Fit issues aside (they either fit or they don’t) we are all human and have various levels of bacteria and fungi on our bodies. These do make their way to our clothes and shoes. There are wide variations in the amount of exposure, duration of exposure and length of time since a pair of shoes have been worn that can affect the amount of bacteria present.

There are those who will not, under any circumstances, EVER wear anything than new shoes. I get that, but there are others who, for a variety of reasons, will be willing to “walk a mile in someone else’s shoes.” This is no small number as Ebay currently has over 390,000 listings under the search of “men’s shoes.” This information is for them.

Part of my routine for any vintage shoe I receive is the initial rehab that includes a very complete interior wipe-down with isopropyl alcohol. This goes a long way towards proper disinfection. But there are also other measures that can be used that will enhance the process. Many people elect to use aerosol disinfection with products such as “10-Seconds Shoe Deodorizer and Disinfectant.” They claim to be “THE ONLY EPA-APPROVED SHOE DISINFECTANT ON THE MARKET effective against germs, fungus, bacteria, mold, mildew, and other micro-organisms.” You can see this product by clicking here.

Another option for your shoes, previously owned or not, is a dose of ultraviolet light that is very effective in killing any linger nasties that may have escaped the alcohol and the sprays. There are a variety of companies that make small ultraviolet light shoe inserts that can be turned on and slipped into each shoe for 15-20 minutes. These range from $40 to just over $120 on Amazon. This $39 pair can be seen by clicking here. Now you know what to ask Santa to bring you for being on the nice list.

But let the buyer beware. I may be a doctor, but I'm not YOUR doctor and you can make decisions for yourself.

lodemia

Reaction score
Digging the
The Sanford may be more versatile, the large perforations on the Rogue make it a more casual choice.
My thoughts exactly. I had found a set of Rogues on the shoebank and am now holding out for the Sanford. Waiting until thurs before I pull the trigger on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members