• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems AS has resigned to making shoes retailers. The AS inventory has not been replenished at Leffot, I do not see AS promoting it's hand-grade line anymore.
They make nice shoes and some of their last fit me like a dream although I do not like that very narrow waist.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems AS has resigned to making shoes retailers. The AS inventory has not been replenished at Leffot, I do not see AS promoting it's hand-grade line anymore.

Not surprised about Leffot, or any other US retailer selling AS. Leffot was selling the same AS models you could get at pediwear or AFPOS but with a $200-250 markup. Why pay $700 for AS from Leffot when you can get them from AFPOS for around $500 shipped and with lasted shoe trees?

I think this is why some brands fail and why some retailers fail. If a retailer wants to successfully sell a shoe brand they 1) need to be more competitive with their pricing and 2) offer a make/model that is unique to your store. LSH and Skoaktiebogalet both do this and it seems to work. AFPOS had also started doing this with their ltd edition series

Sent from my tinfoil hat

REguy

Reaction score

great deal on hardy aimes monkstraps if anyone is interested, http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/moccasins_cod44579701oa.html

Supposedly these are made by alfred sargent though I cant seem to find where I read this atm.

With the 10% off coupon they came to 225 too good a price so I took a chance and got a pair.

Will report with more info once they come in.

Buckles look the same as my two AS Ramsey DMs.  I think you made a nice purchase for yourself. 

Big thanks to ers04004! I grabbed the last pair The Corner had, received them today, and they are indeed Ramseys in dark brown. Didn't get the coupon, but at $248, these are definitely the deal of 2014 for me so far. Even though they practically gave them away, The Corner packaging and presentation was first rate as well. Sorry for lack of pictures.

ers04004

Reaction score

Big thanks to ers04004! I grabbed the last pair The Corner had, received them today, and they are indeed Ramseys in dark brown. Didn't get the coupon, but at $248, these are definitely the deal of 2014 for me so far. Even though they practically gave them away, The Corner packaging and presentation was first rate as well. Sorry for lack of pictures.

Glad it worked out for you. Was almost too good to be true for a little more than 200.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AS x AFPoS MTO Millers using Horween cognac shell cordovan and brown country calf (I can't remember the technical name):
12068934556_c9cf780c3e.jpg
This is what I had written down anyway:

Cognac Cordovan and Walnut Grain

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes Julian! Not having my size might just save me some $$$. Wholecuts and bal boots are great.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, all E fitting. We are regularly asked for this fitting though.

Is it the bloody Americans who has these slim feet, making every G&G and EG sold in the states being a D-width (when their standard E already is pretty darn slim) and now also causing great shoes like these Handgrades of yours being slim fits??
1f60a.png

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help sizing the 104 last. I have narrow feet and low instep. For comparison:

Carmina
  • Rain 9.5UK
  • Simpson 10UK
  • Robert 9.5UK

G&G TG73 10UK

EG 888 10UK

I'm not sure whether 9.5 or 10 would be better. Thanks!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Hannover? Been considering a rugged boot on a commando sole. I don't want speed hooks b/c I will wear them with both jeans and flannel/tweed trousers and I don't want to lose my hem.

Considering these or something from Alden, but I've loved every AS I've bought so far from AFPOS, so these are in the lead.

x-post with AFPOS thread

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads