• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

BillP

Reaction score

lovely shoes, BillP, did you get the same size in both lasts?

Thanks!

Yes, same size (10.5F) for both. I wasn't sure it was the correct size when I initially received them but it just took a couple hours of wearing them to be sure. My heels slip slightly in the Armfields and ever so slightly on the left foot of the Charlton so I'm getting the Saphir insoles to see if that helps. I think the 10F would be too small.

As a side note, I was pretty excited to have shoes with a Dainite sole to help with walking through snow and ice. But today I had the opportunity to walk on some very icy sidewalks and determined that they will not prevent you from slipping on ice :embar:

Last edited:

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding imperfections in shoe leather, when I took out my chestnut Moores the other day I too noticed marks on the leather in a few random places. However, this does not bother me since they will only be apparent to me. Besides, I expect the leather to get a few scuffs here and there when I wear them so it's not a big deal to me.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Yes, same size (10.5F) for both. I wasn't sure it was the correct size when I initially received them but it just took a couple hours of wearing them to be sure. My heels slip slightly in the Armfields and ever so slightly on the left foot of the Charlton so I'm getting the Saphir insoles to see if that helps. I think the 10F would be too small.

As a side note, I was pretty excited to have shoes with a Dainite sole to help with walking through snow and ice. But today I had the opportunity to walk on some very icy sidewalks and determined that they will not prevent you from slipping on ice :embar:

My experience is nothing will prevent skidding on black ice and the only thing that I've found that helps are those shoe with metal studs.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S x AFPoS MTO Millers using Horween cognac shell cordovan and brown country calf (I can't remember the technical name):
12068934556_c9cf780c3e.jpg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ They are spectacular. What a color!

Vicious49

Reaction score
First pairs of AS from AFPOS with probably many more to come. Great service from Julian. They really look much better in person than in these photos.

Armfield

Charlton

Nice pics. Those are actually the exact 2 pairs of shoes I have up for sale right now since I almost never wear mine. Was thinking of adding my Hannovers to the sale as well. I usually find myself reaching for my Alden bluchers over the Charlton or the Alden Indy over the Hannovers. I might have to rethink things. Your pics make me want to keep them and reach for those Charltons more often. And I agree that they look much better in person. I was really impressed with the sole on the Armfields.

francoamerican

Reaction score
Are there any updates on new inventory for RTW Alfred Sargent? (It seems like all the inventory is dwindling at the AFPOS et al) Is a refresh coming anytime soon? TIA

francoamerican

Reaction score

What makes you say that the inventory is dwindling?

Very limited size options on many models at bodileys, pediwear, herring. Lots of models that get discontinued. AFPOS has the better selection but still not the complete range. I just hope that they get things going in such a way that they can keep a base model lineup available. Hopefully they do well through J Crew.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junglemike