• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A "Thread Closet" suggestion for the SF mods.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

- I used to be a member of Benzworld.org
fistbump.gif
Great site!

Apparently, you still are. You appear to be Offline at the moment, however.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
confused.gif

Srsly! In about 500 results from the search you just didn't have that many threads other than the Friday Challenges, so I jacked that one up as a laugh.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Why Felix the Cat?
Are you sure you want to know? You won't EVER get these precious seconds of life back. As mentioned in the OP, I spend a lot of time on a Mercedes-Benz forum (1981 380SL, since you asked) and I used to have a "Pacing Felix" in my sig line to indicate that I was deep in thought about the subject du jour. A moderator there was heavily into gif creation at the time and put Felix into my regular avatar. After becoming so strongly identified with the cartoon kitty, I started using it wherever I went, including here, to make it easier for friends (and God knows who else!
lookaround.gif
) to find me.
I'd use it here but the file is too large and would require an admin to install it for me. So far, no admins have stepped forward with an offer. Meanwhile, I found a pic of Felix in a sport coat, bow tie and slacks to use here in an appropriate context. Still awake? Thanks for asking!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Not 120x120?

My bad.
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller).

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody please provide the links for the Parts I and II of WAYWRN? I've searched but haven't found them yet.

Are those threads even useful due to the Image Shack fiasco?

hatguy

Reaction score
nice job dig...i agree.

improved organization of content will enable for easier and more efficient searches and decrease reposting of common questions.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it would make much difference. I feel like the search function does work very well, and even if things were spelled out on the first page, or organized people still want to be spoon fed their answers. If they are not using search, they are not going to browse an outline and read through threads. I think with forums it is just the nature of the beast. The only real way to rid a lot of it is to make people pay to register like some other forums and have more stringent tiers of penalties for being a nuisence. At some point even democratically. If the forum votes by a 3/4 majority to ban, then ban it shall be!

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There may be a slight advantage to the mish-mash of threads approach.

If I went into MC and asked myself "Do I feel like talking about Trousers?" the answer would be no. With everything in the same pot I click on the top thread and simply work through the lists. As a result I cover all the MC Topics rather than excluding those in which I have little interest.

I've learned more by accident on this forum than when I set out to find an answer.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have edited the O.P. so that there is no need for further discussion although I will answer the points raised in the prior posts. I now realize that what I had originally suggested won't happen but I will continue to add to this thread, if only for my personal use. Others may find it useful as well. No worries, it's all good!
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Honestly, I don't think it would make much difference. I feel like the search function does work very well, and even if things were spelled out on the first page, or organized people still want to be spoon fed their answers. If they are not using search, they are not going to browse an outline and read through threads. I think with forums it is just the nature of the beast. The only real way to rid a lot of it is to make people pay to register like some other forums and have more stringent tiers of penalties for being a nuisence. At some point even democratically. If the forum votes by a 3/4 majority to ban, then ban it shall be!
There are a number of very deserving threads pinned at the top of the first page. Obviously, there's many more threads that could occupy a similar position (and probably have in the past) but there's just not enough room for them all. This suggestion was just a way to keep the "slightly less deserving threads" readily available from the first page. The system has been used on another forum and works very well. If it was removed, the regulars would likely mutiny.
Originally Posted by Blackhood
There may be a slight advantage to the mish-mash of threads approach. If I went into MC and asked myself "Do I feel like talking about Trousers?" the answer would be no. With everything in the same pot I click on the top thread and simply work through the lists. As a result I cover all the MC Topics rather than excluding those in which I have little interest. I've learned more by accident on this forum than when I set out to find an answer.
That's the way that I do it most days as well. This thread is just to put the "best of the best" or at least the ones that I found most informative onto one page. As I asked a few posts back, can anyone provide a link to the first 2 WAYWRN threads? I haven't had much luck with the search function and being too new here, don't know of a unique word that would help my search efforts. If someone had put, say, "kumquats" in post #786 of the first thread, I'd likely get a hit but most of the words we use here bring up too many unintended (yet, granted, quite often entertaining!) thread results. This is just intended to be a reference, if only for myself or those who are of a similar mind. Now, I'm off to see how many threads "kumquats" returns in a search.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads