• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Which, in reality, is basically middle of the road. He's not bad, by any stretch of the imagination, but one of the top players of his generation? I don't think so.

Okay then. I will gladly take 8 others of these "middle of the road" players along with 5 "mediocre" starting pitchers (say 15 win, 3.5 ERA?).

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some gems from the onion:

108_014_UGLY_WILLIE_MCGEE_v3.jpg

and this article:

Jim Joyce Accidentally Deletes Book He's Writing With Armando Galarraga

NEW YORK"”As umpire Jim Joyce and pitcher Armando Galarraga completed the writing of their book, Nobody's Perfect, Monday afternoon, Joyce accidentally highlighted the entire document and hit the delete key, thereby destroying all 240 pages of text. "I just cost that kid the whole book," a teary-eyed Joyce said to a group of reporters, adding that up until the end, the writing was going perfectly. "I was sure I put my finger where the period key was, I swear. But it was the delete key. It was the biggest moment of both of our writing careers, and I blew it." Though Galarraga forgave Joyce rather quickly, the umpire insisted on crying for a few more hours.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling this season is shaping up to be total crap.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Cubs games regularly sell out? I'll be driving cross country towards the end of April and will be traveling through Chicago for the first time. Would like to stop at Wrigley, but I'm not 100% sure what day I'll be there. I'm thinking either the 7:05 game on Tuesday the 26 or the 1:20 game on Wednesday (both against the Rockies). Will I be able to buy tickets at the gate?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Excellent, thanks.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So my kids are going to grow up tortured baseball fans. 1986 was such a long time ago. The team doesn't even have to play to be complete ****-ups.
IMG_2495.jpg

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump for opening day tomorrow. Got lucky a couple of days ago and happened to do a search for tix for the second game of the season (Cliff Lee!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
) just as the Phils released additional tickets....low and behold, a couple of tickets popped up in the section right behind home plate. Going to be awesome to hear his name announced. Hopefully the Phils have enough healthy position players to field a team. Edit - apparently opening day is today, but Phils don't play until tomorrow, so whatever.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
Excited for the season to finally get underway...go Giants!

plain.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
O's win AL Wild Card, make improbable run to WS and win in 6 over the Phils.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads