• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clarinet, are you going to any games? I'm thinking about going to Lions game at 1 then Tigers game at whatever time. Definitely would take Monday off of work.

I'm still trying to make a deal on a ticket--probably for the Monday game. Even the standing room tickets on StubHub are way too much for me.

Many, many excellent articles about the Tigers in this morning's Detroit Free Press. Worth a read.

As for Ms Upton and JV being an "item", I remember seeing this sign held up by a group of young women at a home game this season. It read: "Justin! We love you more than Katie does!"

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think we saw this summer how Verlander does against National League hitters. :hide:
No, I've been kidding around a bit, but the Tigers are really set up well to win the whole thing, whether they face the Cards or the Giants.

haha. yeah. that was rough. you know though, he said he wanted to put on a show and everyone knew he was going to throw 101mph. he got too amped up for it. he threw all fastballs and hitters knew it was coming. this time that won't be the case.

funny seeing that he blew home field advantage or the AL in the WS. i am thinking he wants some redemption.

what really makes me nervous is the whole DH thing. since Delmon has been hot, it'll be tough to take him out, but he is a big defensive liability. Berry or Dirks are much better at that position but they can't change a game with a swing of the bat like Delmon can.

(am i really writing how Delmon Young is an asset??? jesus)

I'm still trying to make a deal on a ticket--probably for the Monday game. Even the standing room tickets on StubHub are way too much for me.
Many, many excellent articles about the Tigers in this morning's Detroit Free Press. Worth a read.
As for Ms Upton and JV being an "item", I remember seeing this sign held up by a group of young women at a home game this season. It read: "Justin! We love you more than Katie does!"

if i come across some around face value, i'll let you know. i have a few people i can talk to. i might pull a doubleheader Sunday. tailgate, lions, tailgate, Tigers, kidney failure.

i am so amped, it takes the sting out of yesterday's MSU loss. i wasn't even mad seeing Michigan players in the stands celebrating after not scoring 1 ******* TD.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha. yeah. that was rough. you know though, he said he wanted to put on a show and everyone knew he was going to throw 101mph. he got too amped up for it. he threw all fastballs and hitters knew it was coming. this time that won't be the case.
funny seeing that he blew home field advantage or the AL in the WS. i am thinking he wants some redemption.
what really makes me nervous is the whole DH thing. since Delmon has been hot, it'll be tough to take him out, but he is a big defensive liability. Berry or Dirks are much better at that position but they can't change a game with a swing of the bat like Delmon can.
(am i really writing how Delmon Young is an asset??? jesus)
if i come across some around face value, i'll let you know. i have a few people i can talk to. i might pull a doubleheader Sunday. tailgate, lions, tailgate, Tigers, kidney failure.
i am so amped, it takes the sting out of yesterday's MSU loss. i wasn't even mad seeing Michigan players in the stands celebrating after not scoring 1 ******* TD.

I'm with you on the Delmon situation. Leyland's greatness comes, foremost, in the manner he cares for and treats his players. He is a master manager of people. The players love him. Now, when it comes to strategy, that's where I need blood pressure pills or something. Especially when Valverde comes trotting out to the mound in the first game. O, dear Lord!

You and I, of course, are on different sides of fence as regards the M/MSU rivalry. I was there, and for most of the game, the mood in the crowd was...dull. With more than 113,000 in attendance, you'd think there would be more fire in the atmosphere. Of course, the final 5 minutes were exciting.

Happy about the victory. But not proud of it. When was the last time Michigan won a game solely on field goals. Both offensive teams were blah.

On to the Series. Onward and Upward!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh-oh.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

Exactly, that's how the Cardinals will feel about the challenge posed to them by the Tigers of Detroit.

You mean the Giants? Who have a better pitching staff and better hitting?

I think we saw this summer how Verlander does against National League hitters. :hide:
No, I've been kidding around a bit, but the Tigers are really set up well to win the whole thing, whether they face the Cards or the Giants.

See above. The Tigers are Fielder, Cabrera, Verlander, and Fister. The Giants have Pence, Pagan, Sandoval, Posey, and Scutaro.

Pitching they have Cain, Bumgarner, Vogelsang. Zito, Lincecum out of the pen. Better bullpen, More reliable closer.

:)

Damn, they're getting taken to the cleaners. Not looking good for game 7.

Game 7 at home. Cain on the mound. Game, Set, Match. 2 WS in 3 years.

When was the last time an AL team won the WS?

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't count your chickens, Steve B. Remember that the Cardinals have Kyle Lohse on the hill for Game 7. Cain hasn't been that great this postseason.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

Don't count your chickens, Steve B. Remember that the Cardinals have Kyle Lohse on the hill for Game 7. Cain hasn't been that great this postseason.

You're right. I don't eat chicken, so I best not count them.

But Lohse has never thrown a perfect game.

Either way it will be interesting because one of our 2 teams will be in for the 2nd time in 3 yrs.

And thrash the kittycats.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lolsteveb. hold your horses there pardner.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You mean the Giants? Who have a better pitching staff and better hitting?

I have no rooting interest with the two NLCS teams, so I have no bias. However, I find it silly to think that the Giants have better hitting. The Cards were better by basically every possible measure during the regular season:

Runs: 765 to 718
BA: .271 to .269
OBP: .338 to .327
SLG: .421 to .397
OPS: .759 to .724
HRs: 159 to 103
Total bases: 2367 to 2205
Hits: 1526 to 1495

And the Cards have been better during the post-season by all of the exact same measures. Because the Cards have played one more game, I'll use an average per game for the cumulative stats to not skew in their favor.

Runs: 4.75 per game to 4
BA: .236 to .220
OBP: .312 to .286
SLG: .381 to .356
OPS: .693 to .642
HRs: .83 per game to .81 per game
Total bases: 12.5 per game to 11.9 per game
Hits: 7.75 per game to 7.36 per game

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the fans at AT&T park are like a 10th player for the Giants. They are unreal in their cheering.

I'm pulling for the Giants to take tonight and then beat the Tigers in the WS.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I predict a victory for the Cardinals tonight. No one has found an answer to Kyle Lohse this whole year, whereas Cain has been subpar this postseason.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I predict a victory for the Cardinals tonight. No one has found an answer to Kyle Lohse this whole year, whereas Cain has been subpar this postseason.

pdvd_367.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a feeling that the fans at AT&T park are like a 10th player for the Giants. They are unreal in their cheering.
I'm pulling for the Giants to take tonight and then beat the Tigers in the WS.

i am not pulling for either of those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads