• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Finally!
Yeah, but he's trying this game. That dribbling in the fifth minutes was pretty sweet too.

he's not pretending to even care about defending never mind tracking back even near half-way line . and that dribble was absolutely useless, nice to look at i guess if you like the cuts but he just gave a little back pass 4 yards away. he could have made that pass without all the nonsense, i guess i prefer the simplicity of pirlo's play to the unnecessary showboating (but had it actually been a move leading to something, a break, say, then would have been great -- he's way too injured for that though)

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
amazing comeback :cool:

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
WOW this game delivers till the death

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was a painful point to watch. The US deserved to win that game.

Bradley has been terrible in this Cup. Jones was man of the match in the Ghana game for his defending and had one of the prettiest goals of the tourney so far

RVP gets the nod for best goal

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another game where Jones looks amazing. Bradley played well for a little, but for the vast majority of the match I felt anxiety whenever he touched the ball.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OMG what a heartbreaking finish. I was in a crowded bar - the crowd went from delirious to stunned, confused murmurs, and then it was over, just like that. That's football - we didn't deserve the Ghana win, didn't deserve this loss. We gave away that first goal, Bradley played much better this game but he missed the gimme and gave away the ball leading to the equalizer. He's the last guy I expected these lapses from.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm furious at this outcome. they battled and just about put the US onto the map of football nations, and then ******* pissed it away because of inattention and laxity. you could see exactly where they just ******* let up, stopped pressing, and most unforgivably, just gave away the ball in the last 30 seconds.

we don't deserve to go through if this is the kind of attitude we bring into these games - especially after battling like madmen and finally ascending the mountaintop. why the ******* **** do they proceed to just give it up like that?!

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm furious at this outcome. they battled and just about put the US onto the map of football nations, and then ******* pissed it away because of inattention and laxity. you could see exactly where they just ******* let up, stopped pressing, and most unforgivably, just gave away the ball in the last 30 seconds.

we don't deserve to go through if this is the kind of attitude we bring into these games - especially after battling like madmen and finally ascending the mountaintop. why the ******* **** do they proceed to just give it up like that?!

I agree that the US played lackadaisically in the final minutes when they should have locked Portugal down. That said, the whole completely opaque "injury time" thing is a total crock. Portugal scores 4:50 into overage time and 5 seconds later the game is over. Yeah, I buy that. FIFA needs to add an official timekeeper with a visible clock so that this nonsense doesn't happen anymore.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad I had dinner plans that caused me to miss the end of that second half. I can't think of anything that would piss me off more than watching a goal be conceded in the final 30 seconds. Still, USA advances with a win or draw vs. Germany no matter what, if Ghana and Portugal draw no matter what, if Portugal wins but fails to make up a massive goal differential and even in some situations if Ghana wins. Could be worse.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that the US played lackadaisically in the final minutes when they should have locked Portugal down. That said, the whole completely opaque "injury time" thing is a total crock. Portugal scores 4:50 into overage time and 5 seconds later the game is over. Yeah, I buy that. FIFA needs to add an official timekeeper with a visible clock so that this nonsense doesn't happen anymore.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, then we can have arguments about what the clock should be like in the NFL. Then add time for those arguments.

5 minutes of stoppage time was in the US' favor. If anything, it should've been much more than that.

The US shouldn't have been saved by the clock. They made a mistake. Besides, referees don't just blow the final whistle during a potentially game-changing possession.

The ever-running clock is one of the best things about watching soccer.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads