• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, tournament starts in about 10 days. How are people dealing? So many injuries seem to be cropping up all of a sudden and squads will definitely need to be reselected for many of the 32 teams.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we don`t win our group by a landslide, I`ll go crazy.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to a great World Cup. Just hope they finish the stadiums in time.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys doing a fantasy league?

I was planning on running one - The McDonalds/FIFA one looks the most straightforward, but whilst you can register, you can't pick players yet.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was planning on running one - The McDonalds/FIFA one looks the most straightforward, but whilst you can register, you can't pick players yet.

Probably won't be able to until all the 23-man squads are finalized. And maybe even after with all of the last minute injuries popping up.

rms340

Reaction score
Hoping the US pull off some miraculous goals because a string of miracles are what we'll need to get out of the group stage

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably won't be able to until all the 23-man squads are finalized. And maybe even after with all of the last minute injuries popping up.

I think it goes live in 4-5 days.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Hoping the US pull off some miraculous goals because a string of miracles are what we'll need to get out of the group stage

I'd really be happy for you guys to reach the round of 16 :) I agree it's a killer group, though...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd really be happy for you guys to reach the round of 16 :) I agree it's a killer group, though...

Here's the ElArg analysis of this situation:

US is in a tough group no doubt. But, I can see them making it out of group stage too, and here's why.

Game 1) Ghana - Ghana have worsened in the last four years, while the US squad has gotten better. 4 years ago we tied and went out on crap refereeing and OT. I think we beat Ghana, if not soundly then with a bit of room. 3 points.

Game 2) Portugal - Portugal wouldn't be in the WC w/o Ronaldo's last minute heroics. It's a lot to ask, but you contain CR7, you contain Portugal. Mark Ronaldo out of the game, and I can see a draw happening. 1 point.

Game 3) Germany - At this point, Germany is an injury hampered squad. I don't predict Germany losing either of their first two games, so assume they're on 6 points. They rest a decent portion of their lineup, thus equalizing things a bit - even if we lose, we're still likely 2nd in the group at this point. A draw w/ a tapped German team resting their starters is also not outside the realm of possibility. No win here, ever, but a draw is possible.

5 points max, and US advance easy.

EDIT:

And Lionheart - yes, anything less than a clean sweep of the group (even w/ Dzeko on fire for Bosnia) would be a bit of a letdown.

Last edited:

rms340

Reaction score
ElArg - great break down. After watching the match vs Turkey yesterday, it seems like our defense is weak and lackluster. Missed clearances and lazy man-marking on a subpar team like Turkey has me worried against a better Portugal. Only time will tell.

On another note, David Villa signed as the first NYC FC player and Frank Lampard supposedly will also be signed soon.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not as optimistic

CR7 still struggling w/ that thigh injury. He was largely ineffective in the CL final (barring his last penalty...). Not completely out there to say he won't be 100% by the USA game.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fair enough, although I too was concerned about how they played vs Turkey. We need a better nickname than "USMNT" btw.
On another note, David Villa signed as the first NYC FC player and Frank Lampard supposedly will also be signed soon.

Orly?! I'm a big fan of Villa, although he's not quite the player he was in SA anymore

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads