• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It it a bit of a let down to see the win slip from the US. I do not doubt that they will fail to make it through, I am sure they will be great competition for Germany if they attack, pass and lob as they did. It was a skillful showing by them. Some of those floating crosses remind me of Netherlands from 98 and the header from Van Persie!

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As fun as US/Portugal was, I feel like a child on Christmas Eve with Netherlands playing tomorrow. I hope they come out and spank Chile!

rms340

Reaction score
Garbage. Michael Bradley has been disappointing - playing with zero heart. Other than that the team played so much better than the Ghana match. We retained possession and playing with initiative. Both goals were unfortunate and we need to tighten up on defensive play. Thursday will be intense.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm furious at this outcome. they battled and just about put the US onto the map of football nations, and then ******* pissed it away because of inattention and laxity. you could see exactly where they just ******* let up, stopped pressing, and most unforgivably, just gave away the ball in the last 30 seconds.

we don't deserve to go through if this is the kind of attitude we bring into these games - especially after battling like madmen and finally ascending the mountaintop. why the ******* **** do they proceed to just give it up like that?!

I blame LeBron.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm furious at this outcome. they battled and just about put the US onto the map of football nations, and then ******* pissed it away because of inattention and laxity. you could see exactly where they just ******* let up, stopped pressing, and most unforgivably, just gave away the ball in the last 30 seconds.

we don't deserve to go through if this is the kind of attitude we bring into these games - especially after battling like madmen and finally ascending the mountaintop. why the ******* **** do they proceed to just give it up like that?!
My wife was on the phone, and literally seconds before Portugal scored that last goal, she told her friend "We're about to close out Portugal." Needless to say, I got pretty pissed.

It's that attitude that lost this game, to celebrate a win before it's locked up. I don't know if it can be remedied. However, this hard lesson may be the only thing that could jolt the US team out of their complacency. There is no amount of yelling and coaxing about how "It's not over 'til it's over" is equal to going into the locker room knowing that you gave away a win, literally seconds from the end of the game.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm torn on who I want to go through. I love watching Ghana's spirited play,but if the USA scrape it then it will raise the profile of the game.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I don't see Germany playing for a draw. After the Ghana game, they're going to want to finish out the group stages in winning form.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
"Playing for a draw" means different things to different teams. A world-class team (like Germany) can play a brand that they consider conservative, opportunistic or boring and still completely dominate a lesser side. And even after you factor all that in, I've never played in a competitive match of anything where the decision to "take it easy" came before the start of the game. If Germany are tied 1-1 in the 80th minute I think it's safe to say there won't be much to watch. However, there's no way they're going to phone it in from the kickoff.

I think the US loses 2-1. I base that on nothing but it sounds about right. Honestly the match that's going to be the most interesting (read: terrifying) to watch will be Ghana/Portugal.

I still can't believe that ******* happened last night...

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm torn on who I want to go through. I love watching Ghana's spirited play,but if the USA scrape it then it will raise the profile of the game.

Fair point.

How is it that the MLS starts this week? Bang in the middle of the World Cup!

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

How is it that the MLS starts this week? Bang in the middle of the World Cup!

Landon needs something to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads