• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

➲ 2012 SEPTEMBER NO PURCHASE CLUB

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those of you who have already pre-ordered items, you may not order or spend further during the month of September.
Technically, you have commited to purchases or expenditures before the challenge commencement date so hopefully you have already allocated funds for this. Therefore, you are still eligible for September. I feel this is fair enough.

NOTE:
  • any coupons that may expire during the challenge period may NOT be used. Those, you must give away and let someone else enjoy.
  • any credit notes that expire within this period MAY be used, provided you do not exceed the value of the credit note + your $100 emergency fund.
  • same goes for gift certificates or exchanging a birthday gift; do not exceed the $100 emergency fund.
  • You may NOT allow your mate or partner to purchase on your behalf, re-embursing them after the challenge period ends. No cheating!

This is an honourable challenge. It is a test and an agreement with yourself to keep your word. We choose to do this willingly, each for his/her own reasons. By doing this together we will show solidarity in our suffering but hopefully it will build character and inner strength. :)

Last edited:

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To those of you who have already pre-ordered items, you may not order or spend further during the month of September.
Technically, you have commited to purchases or expenditures before the challenge commencement date so hopefully you have already allocated funds for this. Therefore, you are still eligible for September. I feel this is fair enough.

Then I'm in.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-minus 9 days to launch.....

Last edited:

Putonghua73

Reaction score
In, as I intend buying 2 suits from Ede & Ravenscroft this weekend, a pair of grey trousers from Suit Supply, a pair of tan Chinos, and some CT poplin shirts.

I also have a pair of RTW Meermin Linea Maestro shoes winging their way.

My spending since discovering SF from end of May is now near the £2k mark.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In, as I intend buying 2 suits from Ede & Ravenscroft this weekend, a pair of grey trousers from Suit Supply, a pair of tan Chinos, and some CT poplin shirts.
I also have a pair of RTW Meermin Linea Maestro shoes winging their way.
My spending since discovering SF from end of May is now near the £2k mark.

holy moly to the bolded part, better slow down!

It's been a while since I've been a part of the NPC...not sure if I can make it this time, unless I can buy everything I need before September starts.

Last edited:

Putonghua73

Reaction score
holy moly to the bolded part, better slow down!

Update: I bought one suit from Ede & Ravenscroft (dark grey, tropical wool, 10.5oz) and a pair of dark grey flannel 12oz trousers. Total spend since end of May (including alterations and repairs) is £1,825. I'm pretty much done except for sports coat and small pieces from October onwards.

Shoes will be sorted out once the RTW Linea Maestro arrive; and this weekend functional suit wardrobe will be sorted out - especially as my existing charcoal and gray suits (the latter to enter my charity wardrobe this weekend) are both in for repairs. Just realised that I still require a sports coat and a couple of pairs of OCBD shirts! October, then my spending is done until late Spring next year.

I actually cancelled my Japan flight and holiday (flight ticket refunded) because I have been invited to a friend's wedding in China next Spring, and I needed to use the holiday money to fund my purchases. In truth, I had severely under-invested in my wardrobe over the last few years to the point where I had a single pair of non-work trousers, and a single pair of non-work shoes!

Last edited:

BrizzleCizzle

Reaction score
Might I suggest that for each day, or some regular interval of time, we occupy our minds and hands with another task, related to clothing, to otherwise busy ourselves away from the desire of spending money? Say the first day is some shoe care, the second can be inspecting shirts for buttons that need to be mended (if that can be done yourself), the next throwing out/repurposing old socks, and so on. Just thoughts.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BrizzleCizzle, thank you for mentioning this and agreed. I just re-checked my originating post for this thread and noticed I had omitted that part.
Yes this is absolutely the time to observe maintenance of our wardrobes and accessories, in fact I would love to see some 'before and after' photos from people.
Here is an example I posted in a previous NPC thread where I gave a facelift to a pair of my AE Drydens....

This photo sharing will also hopefully inspire others to get to work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads