• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ 2013 APRIL No Purchase Club

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like Private Footsome even better.....I want those heads cleaned by sundown.

Let's just say that I "cleaned house" today and heads rolled. New locks on all exterior doors. I've had enough trauma for one day.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
May's thread is up.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Easy; idfnl was right all along.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Private Footsome...would you mind explaining this please?

Thrift thread morale builder, Serge. Sometimes, the boys get down when the pickings get slim and I post a little " 'pic' me up" from other threads that I think might be germain (or is it Tito? I get those Jacksons mixed up). A few weeks back, I linked that photo of your fine family of footwear (can't find the link just now) just to prove that no matter how many pairs of shoes one has, Man of Lint has more!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Private Footsome...would you mind explaining this please?

Thrift thread morale builder, Sarge. Sometimes, the boys get down when the pickings get slim and I post a little " 'pic' me up" from other threads that I think might be germain (or is it Tito? I get those Jacksons mixed up). A few weeks back, I linked that photo of your fine family of footwear (can't find the link just now) just to prove that no matter how many pairs of shoes one has, Man of Lint has more!

:happy: You have my blessing to quote any of my posts.
It was ungentlemanly of me to have corss-posted that gorilla sweater over here but I needed clarification.

By the way, what are the deets on that thing? It's sort of charming, in a National Geographic sort of way.

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still in, had to buy some socks as emergency is all. Budget allowable :)

Thank you for reporting it. We are on the honour system so as long as it stayed within your limit, you're fine.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Four days left and I'm still in.

Also sartorial windfall: I prepaid all my tailoring bills at before April to participate. It turns out I overpaid 50 dollars; this was returned to me yesterday.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to wade through 11 pages of this yarn and make an update list....Crimney!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:happy: You have my blessing to quote any of my posts.
It was ungentlemanly of me to have corss-posted that gorilla sweater over here but I needed clarification.

By the way, what are the deets on that thing? It's sort of charming, in a National Geographic sort of way.

It's not mine, Serg'nt. Just a photo I found somewhere else on SF so I have no qualitative intel to offer. Looks warm, though.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Footsome.

Alright....heads up.....this is the home stretch. Tuesday April 30 at 23:59:59 (1 second before midnight) is our deadline.
On Wednesday May 01, everyone needs to report in for one last call and update.

Those of you who f**k up over this weekend will still be required to submit to punishment, for one week beyond the challenge period.
Anyone who does not report in with their final update, will be deemed lost and presumed dead.
A day or two after this ends, I will post a final results list; something I failed to do on past clubs. Once this list is posted we'll consider the matter closed. I wish each of you strength over the weekend. Carry on. Good luck to each of ya.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think we got someone wavering down the home stretch.

These I need. Not want. Need.

Also, Dig, check out the new rules for the May NPC.

Last edited:

Da GOAT

Reaction score
Failed! Got paid, bought some pieces. Sold a guitar so at least I'm even money now. Will join NPC next month, once May over then I'm looking to get a suit or 2.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads