• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just did a big photo dump of IRL dad fits in WAYWT, and for obvious reasons it's basically all No Man

I sort of retired my favorite faded denim because of all of the time on knees and didn't want to "ruin" them, and started a fresh pair in fall '21. Unfortunately I left that pair at my parents' this summer, and I didn't bother asking them to ship them thinking it would force me to consider more than just "wear the same jeans". In reality? I just wore two other pairs of hard-wearing navy colored pants nonstop.

Dad life for me was more about the maintenance and I deliberately tried to stick with things that were washable, for the peace of mind really. But the time on knees is VERY real and will make quick work of just about any pants you have. Regarding long coats in the 'burbs I wore all of mine a lot still, but I think that's because we went on tons and tons of walks that first year. Good memories of wrapping my little guy up in my oversized coats when he would chill in the babybjorn carrier.

@Trayco are you staying in the NY Metropolitan area in your move? Or heading elsewhere?
All of this makes sense. In the house I def wear my bummiest of bummy clothes when hang out with the kiddo.
I could see king coats being annoying to hop in and out of a car. I’m in trouble then since I have so many.
Overall I am definitely worried that working remote and also walking around less in the nyc streets will potentially make it less exciting to be cool but at least the good gear will look good and last a long time regardless.
@conceptual 4est, I’m moving to jersey (north)

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a dad of a now 8 year old (!), i think @conceptual 4est really crushes the "kid time" looks. i constantly find myself reaching for the same coats, sweaters / sweatshirts, jeans, and boots / sneakers. most of this is just all about functionality. i'm well past the stage where i need to worry about spit up, spills, drools, etc.(and the amount of time you spend on the floor is so true) but most weekends now are a combination of errands, play time, and down time. swapping in and out clothes does sometimes happen but most of the time what i put on to get a coffee in the morning is what i'm wearing for most of the day.

case in point - the outfit posted yesterday handled a coffee run, food shopping, sunday mass, brunch, and afternoon relaxing all with either just my daughter or my partner and our 3 total kids.

i definitely could go all out as @Newcomer mentioned, but it's a lot work and i'm tired. i'm more for finding that sweet balance of stuff that makes me happy but also plays (figuratively and literally) in different worlds easily. i think NoMan does a great job providing a collection of pieces that can do that.

chickenfark

Reaction score
hah I was deep diving into double knees and more cargo-y pants for this exact reason yesterday but came up blank. want something with an elastic waist which makes things harder.

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
My kid just turned 3, and I moved out to the suburbs about a year ago. When I'm not at the office I'm basically living in old Levi's and a sweatshirt or tee shirt depending on the temperature. This winter I've been getting a lot of mileage out of my Wythe cords too during "Dad time".

Best purchase, and one I've gotten the most use out of since the move, is my Niche mules. Perfect for the summer and great as a slip on shoe when I'm taking out the trash in the winter.

If I'm feeling fancy on the weekend, I'll switch out the sneakers for loafers or my old guardian boots from La Botte Gardiane. Currently saving up to buy a pair of the Aurlands.

Last edited:

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just did a big photo dump of IRL dad fits in WAYWT, and for obvious reasons it's basically all No Man

I sort of retired my favorite faded denim because of all of the time on knees and didn't want to "ruin" them, and started a fresh pair in fall '21. Unfortunately I left that pair at my parents' this summer, and I didn't bother asking them to ship them thinking it would force me to consider more than just "wear the same jeans". In reality? I just wore two other pairs of hard-wearing navy colored pants nonstop.

Dad life for me was more about the perceived maintenance and I deliberately tried to stick with things that were washable, for the peace of mind really. But the time on knees is VERY real and will make quick work of just about any pants you have. Regarding long coats in the 'burbs I wore all of mine a lot still, but I think that's because we went on tons and tons of walks that first year. Good memories of wrapping my little guy up in my oversized coats when he would chill in the babybjorn carrier.

@Trayco are you staying in the NY Metropolitan area in your move? Or heading elsewhere?

@trafficjam I thought I would be the same but my deutschleder are the slim model and basically cut off circulation if you so much as crouch or squat in them. Makes me want some wide ones, though!
When I see the product shots of the big orange coats I always feel like this is some hard to wear, pitti peacock stuff but in the irl shots with the staff they always look so great and wearable.

deanandrewj

Reaction score

Dad life for me was more about the perceived maintenance and I deliberately tried to stick with things that were washable, for the peace of mind really. But the time on knees is VERY real and will make quick work of just about any pants you have. Regarding long coats in the 'burbs I wore all of mine a lot still, but I think that's because we went on tons and tons of walks that first year. Good memories of wrapping my little guy up in my oversized coats when he would chill in the babybjorn carrier.

@trafficjam I thought I would be the same but my deutschleder are the slim model and basically cut off circulation if you so much as crouch or squat in them. Makes me want some wide ones, though!
Looking great and very comfortable as always. Lots of fun with the little man!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
All of this makes sense. In the house I def wear my bummiest of bummy clothes when hang out with the kiddo.
I could see king coats being annoying to hop in and out of a car. I’m in trouble then since I have so many.
Overall I am definitely worried that working remote and also walking around less in the nyc streets will potentially make it less exciting to be cool but at least the good gear will look good and last a long time regardless.

Welcome to north Jersey.

I echo the sentiment that my long coats don't get worn a lot since I'm mostly hopping in my car and going to Costco. We need more walkable infrastructure so I can wear my nice coats.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a dog in an effort to expand my long coat wardrobe.

Welcome to north Jersey.

I echo the sentiment that my long coats don't get worn a lot since I'm mostly hopping in my car and going to Costco. We need more walkable infrastructure so I can wear my nice coats.

jaaz16

Reaction score
You guys keep saying it, but I honestly don't really think it's cumbersome at all to wear a big coat in the car! I guess I don't know the alternative (walking/transit) but I don't have any problem with my traveller and Civic go-kart.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doppiaa cord jacket, Inglese chambray BD, and Eidos Sal trousers.
CD254001-D665-48C5-B02E-F944D04EAD53.jpeg

aseo45

Reaction score
How did u size this glorious piece?
I took a size small here which is my normal size for outerwear. I’m a tricky fit a lot of times because I’m short and relatively broad (5’6” with a 39” chest). A lot of RTW coats don’t work too well for me (even raglan ones) because the sleeves are usually way too long if the chest fits, and while the sleeves on the Document coat are maybe a touch long for me they’re definitely passable.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremygrooks