or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2278

post #34156 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post


Awesome tip. Get it while the gettin' is good because the first Alden dealer who sees this will report it back to Alden and it will end. (Sadly...)

That's what my first thought was.  I had heard that Alden will revoke a sales agreement if they find out that a dealer is selling below MSRP.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #34157 of 79652

 

Alden navy suede, maiden voyage  

post #34158 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

Awesome tip. Get it while the gettin' is good because the first Alden dealer who sees this will report it back to Alden and it will end. (Sadly...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

That's what my first thought was.  I had heard that Alden will revoke a sales agreement if they find out that a dealer is selling below MSRP.

As much as I wanted to post that PSA, I was also worried about a potential backlash. That's why I asked Robert if it'd be ok that I post... From what I understand, the MSRP is just that: the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Since Amore Clothing is first and foremost a local mens' shop (with a negligeable web presence) and that they've probably been an Alden dealer longer than most hipster boutiques have been around, it's not hard to imagine that they get the final say in how they price their goods. It'd be crazy for a retailer to sell for much higher than MSRP, but can you really fault one for selling for a bit less when his overhead is lower than, say LS or Leffot?

In time, a lot of these fashion retailers will lose interest in Alden and move on to other high demand brands, so it wouldn't be smart for Alden to close a traditional clothier account for pricing shoes according to what margins they're comfortable with. Besides, it's unlikely that the little added exposure they get from this will cause other retailers any sort of significant drop in sales...
post #34159 of 79652

Navy suede cap toe derby?  Where is that from? (Awesome shoes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Alden navy suede, maiden voyage  

post #34160 of 79652
^J. Gilbert
post #34161 of 79652
post #34162 of 79652

Not my size, but still awesome.

post #34163 of 79652
j Gilbert, thanks Shawn..=)
post #34164 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

That's what my first thought was.  I had heard that Alden will revoke a sales agreement if they find out that a dealer is selling below MSRP.

And depending on how one would define the market, a retaliatory termination of a sales agreement for selling below a MSRP could easily be deemed price discrimination and subject to antitrust scrutiny.

Enough with the nerdy antitrust aside, back to posting beautiful Aldens.
post #34165 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

As much as I wanted to post that PSA, I was also worried about a potential backlash. That's why I asked Robert if it'd be ok that I post... From what I understand, the MSRP is just that: the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Since Amore Clothing is first and foremost a local mens' shop (with a negligeable web presence) and that they've probably been an Alden dealer longer than most hipster boutiques have been around, it's not hard to imagine that they get the final say in how they price their goods. It'd be crazy for a retailer to sell for much higher than MSRP, but can you really fault one for selling for a bit less when his overhead is lower than, say LS or Leffot?
In time, a lot of these fashion retailers will lose interest in Alden and move on to other high demand brands, so it wouldn't be smart for Alden to close a traditional clothier account for pricing shoes according to what margins they're comfortable with. Besides, it's unlikely that the little added exposure they get from this will cause other retailers any sort of significant drop in sales...

Hey I am all for some competitive pricing, but there is ALOT of margin in Alden shoes and they will work to protect those margins in the market. Seen it happen, just call Sherman Brothers up and ask for the ol' 10% discount they used to give out... baldy[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

And depending on how one would define the market, a retaliatory termination of a sales agreement for selling below a MSRP could easily be deemed price discrimination and subject to antitrust scrutiny.
Enough with the nerdy antitrust aside, back to posting beautiful Aldens.

I am no International Lawyer but if my corporate Antitrust Compliance Training was worth anything at all then for sure Alden would be well within its rights to decide not to sell based on supply agreement pricing stipulation violations. Alden cannot tell them how to price their shoes per se, but they sure can pull the plug on the future supply.
post #34166 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

Hey I am all for some competitive pricing, but there is ALOT of margin in Alden shoes and they will work to protect those margins in the market. Seen it happen, just call Sherman Brothers up and ask for the ol' 10% discount they used to give out... baldy[1].gif
I am no International Lawyer but if my corporate Antitrust Compliance Training was worth anything at all then for sure Alden would be well within its rights to decide not to sell based on supply agreement pricing stipulation violations. Alden cannot tell them how to price their shoes per se, but they sure can pull the plug on the future supply.

Alden has been in the game a long time. With any level of sophistication, they have contractual terms that allow for them to pull the plug.
post #34167 of 79652
Like these Ranger Mocs from Lakota House. Both on the Van last.

Marble suede.



http://www.lakota.co.jp/updates/index.php?ID=4552

Loden calf.



http://www.lakota.co.jp/updates/index.php?ID=4466
post #34168 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

A PSA of sorts:

Amore Clothing has more Aldens in store than what's displayed online and Robert can order any stock Alden from the catalog (no special makeups afaik), provided they are in stock at Alden.
Here's the good great part: #8 LHS are $499 and LWB are $525. In fact, they offer all their Alden shoes at very competitive prices. Robert explains that thanks to lower operating costs, they're able to pass along some savings to their customers. Awesome.
I encourage everyone to support this local business and recommend you e-mail Robert to check stock/availability before placing an order. Don't hesitate to mention that you read about them here; I promised Robert that I'd spread the word about their great customer service.


Awesome tip. Get it while the gettin' is good because the first Alden dealer who sees this will report it back to Alden and it will end. (Sadly...)


that is a great tip.
congrats on getting two of the classics and good going supporting a nice independent shop.

the deal they gave you is stupendous.
post #34169 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post


In pictures yes. Real life, not so much. I have a grant captoe boot. Sleeker, yes, but a completely different animal. What do you plan on wearing with the boots? Slimmer euro stuff means a slimmer last. I'm wearing navy bb Milano chinos and whiskey indys right now. Stellar combo.

 

Mostly odd jackets and trousers, sometimes with jeans on the weekends. Not too slim cut. Don't the Indy's look a bit casual for a jacket and tie?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


Have you considered the Ravello NST boot that TSM has? http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_handsewn_nst_9_eyelet_dress_boot_shell_cordovan_ravello_shell_cordovan/pvc-ald-mxsbd-4030_ald_m_handsewn_nst_9_eyelet_dress_boot_shell_cordovan.html. There seems to be some sizes in stock. Personally, I like the NST shoe I have on the Aberdeen.

 

I think I'd probably need a 10E or 10.5E in the Aberdeen, and both are sold out. 

post #34170 of 79652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

And depending on how one would define the market, a retaliatory termination of a sales agreement for selling below a MSRP could easily be deemed price discrimination and subject to antitrust scrutiny.
Enough with the nerdy antitrust aside, back to posting beautiful Aldens.

what? i'm not an antitrust lawyer but that sounds fishy. i'm going to need a cite for that, otherwise i'm going to strike it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***