or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1349

post #20221 of 98861
Whoa - just went on shoemart to oogle over my future Chromexcel Indy's, and the price has gone from $435 to $468. Is this that price jump that was being anticipated?
post #20222 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Whoa - just went on shoemart to oogle over my future Chromexcel Indy's, and the price has gone from $435 to $468. Is this that price jump that was being anticipated?

Check out Unionmade Goods. They're still $435 on their website.
post #20223 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Very sharp mac…love the all eyelets.

+1. Mac is relaxing at a Starbucks with his Plaza lasted black wingtip boots. Those are sweeter than a caramel latte with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
post #20224 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangential View Post

How does the Hampton last fit? Similar to Barrie?

Nope.
post #20225 of 98861
I'm trying to find some brown calf longwings to wear casually, but all I'm finding are shell. Winn Perry seems to have almost the exact ones I'm looking for, but this was back in 2009

http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-winn-perry/

I'm not quiet prepared to upgrade to shell just for the color I want, so am I just SOL?
post #20226 of 98861
^ The J Crew version is similar...solid shoe
post #20227 of 98861
What do people do on the Grant last? Same as Barrie or are they TTS? How is the fit compared to the Leydon last? It's right in the middle on the Alden Sizing Chart. I'm thinking about ordering the Grant lasted captoe boots in #8 from Shoemart before the price increase and then calling it quits for a while.
post #20228 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

What do people do on the Grant last? Same as Barrie or are they TTS? How is the fit compared to the Leydon last? It's right in the middle on the Alden Sizing Chart. I'm thinking about ordering the Grant lasted captoe boots in #8 from Shoemart before the price increase and then calling it quits for a while.

This question comes up quite often. I recommend ordering 1/2 size up from your Barrie size. So if you are a 9E on the Barrie, I'd go with a 9.5E on the Grant. Keep in mind that the toe box onthe Grant is more tapered than the Barrie so you will want to factor that in when making your decision.
post #20229 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

What do people do on the Grant last? Same as Barrie or are they TTS? How is the fit compared to the Leydon last? It's right in the middle on the Alden Sizing Chart. I'm thinking about ordering the Grant lasted captoe boots in #8 from Shoemart before the price increase and then calling it quits for a while.

Go up either one width size or one length size. I am a 10D in in Barrie, I wear a 10E in Aberdeen and Grant. The Tremont is the "last last" on the sizing chart that I would say size down from TTS on, and I barely fit into the 10D Tremont.
post #20230 of 98861
from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.

263
post #20231 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.

263

Has anyone used both Saphir Reno and Venetian Shoe Cream? I'm a big Saphir fan but there are a lot of Venetian proponents as well. My tub of Saphir is almost done, thinking about trying out Venetian...
post #20232 of 98861
I haven't used both, but I've heard good enough things about the Venetian (from good sources) that at the price I paid, my gut says it's a great value. I paid a total of $29 (inc. shipping) for 32 ounces. That's about what 2.5 ounces of reno costs smile.gif
post #20233 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.
263

Is the shoe in that picture the AE Leeds? If so, how does the heel width of the #1 last compare with the Barrie?
post #20234 of 98861
no, it's an old model from AE called the Bristol. however, I am pretty sure these are on the #1 last. I have these in 8.5E, in 8.5 E on Barrie my heel is swimming. I either need 8E Barrie or 8.5D Barrie
Edited by makewayhomer - 12/27/11 at 8:08am
post #20235 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen Oxide View Post

I'm trying to find some brown calf longwings to wear casually, but all I'm finding are shell. Winn Perry seems to have almost the exact ones I'm looking for, but this was back in 2009
http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-winn-perry/
I'm not quiet prepared to upgrade to shell just for the color I want, so am I just SOL?



Try these though they have the crepe all weather soles - which I personally like:

 

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_long_wing_dark_brown_smooth/pvc-ald-mxs-97720_ald_m_long_wing.html

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***