Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2747post #41191 of 1224161/17/13 at 3:56pmpost #41192 of 1224161/17/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
^ I think this is close to what you're looking for:
Thanks for the reply. It's very close but there is something about the Leffot coloring that is just somehow a lot richer than the Shoemart version. I'm not sure if it's just the photographs or not or if anybody has any fit pics of that shoe that they can post that would probably be helpful as well. Thanks though for the reply!Quote:
I think I'm in a similar boat with those that I am in with the Shoemart pair. Thank you for your reply!post #41193 of 1224161/17/13 at 4:36pmQuote:
If nothing else J. Crew has always exhibited beyond fantastic customer service to me when a problem has arisen. Glad to see that you got the same experience.post #41194 of 1224161/17/13 at 4:45pmpost #41195 of 1224161/17/13 at 4:48pm
In most cases I see a van last is comparable to the barrie. I am a 9E in the barrie, can't fit any slip-ons right now due to my location. Would like to hear some opinions if you take same size in van last as barrie or go up half a size, thanks.
Edited by Organika - 1/17/13 at 5:58pmpost #41196 of 1224161/17/13 at 4:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:
If you are talking the current captoe shell boot BB sells (C&J for BB) - $998, you most likely will not be able to achieve the same level of shine of various Alden shells, no matter what you do. I have them. Mine shined nicely after an application of saphir reno, but still not to the level of some of my Alden shells. Don't worry about it .... they are still great boots.
I don't know what C&J do to their cordovan, but they're a royal PITA if you want to get that cordovan to shine.
When new they're really loaded up with brown polish which gives them kind of a dull finish.
It takes a lot of buffing and brushing to get rid of it. Saphir reno does seem to help.
After a while you can get rid of the excess and it's easier to maintain the shine.
When I was a cordovan newb, I made the mistake of using too much brown polish on my Marlows. It didn't do any damage but it make the dullness worse and took even more time getting rid of the excess.post #41197 of 1224161/17/13 at 4:53pmpost #41198 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:10pmpost #41199 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:11pmpost #41200 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:15pmpost #41201 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:15pmpost #41202 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:17pmI had ordered those (if they're the #8 lwb with crepe sole) and they're beautiful in person. The soles on mine came murdered out, which was nice, as it almost looked like a normal leather sole but much more comfortable.
I'm looking forward to getting a new pair in tomorrow though without the stain on the cordovan.post #41203 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by pfurey
I had ordered those (if they're the #8 lwb with crepe sole) and they're beautiful in person. The soles on mine came murdered out, which was nice, as it almost looked like a normal leather sole but much more comfortable.
I'm looking forward to getting a new pair in tomorrow though without the stain on the cordovan.
nah these are brown calf on crepe from shoemart.post #41204 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:37pmpost #41205 of 1224161/17/13 at 5:39pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 18 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 18 minutes ago
- › WTB: Green Loafers 19 minutes ago
- › Epaulet New England Shirt Co. "Cayman Islands Chambray", Large, BNWT 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 24 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 24 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding