Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2637post #39541 of 12241612/19/12 at 6:15pmpost #39542 of 12241612/19/12 at 6:17pmpost #39543 of 12241612/19/12 at 6:35pmpost #39544 of 12241612/19/12 at 8:41pmQuote:
My personal experience is that when I nailed my size down with Alden, I had far fewer beef rolls (going from 9.5e to 9e). Some of my Alden shoes and boots have almost no beefroll and creasing now. Having said that my chukkas show more creasing than do my other shoes and boots.post #39545 of 12241612/19/12 at 9:22pmI washed this shoe with Saphir suede soap and an oil stain did not come out. I'm now attempting the old baby powder method. I first placed the shoe in a plastic bag, then applied a hot towel on the outside to heat it up. Finally I applied the powder with my finger to the stain. I really hope it works. Lesson learned: Never eat while standing.
Edited by P. Bateman - 12/19/12 at 11:29pmpost #39546 of 12241612/19/12 at 9:49pmpost #39547 of 12241612/19/12 at 10:08pmpost #39548 of 12241612/19/12 at 10:13pmpost #39549 of 12241612/19/12 at 10:54pmpost #39550 of 12241612/20/12 at 12:37amQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
I washed this shoe with Saphir suede soap and an oil stain did not come out. I'm now attempting the old baby powder method. I first placed the shoe in a plastic bag, then applied a hot towel on the outside to heat it up. Finally I applied the powder with my finger to the stain. I really hope it works. Lesson learned: Never eat while standing.
Ha! I have the tan suede chukkas with a similar problem. I was eating fried buffalo pork ribs from a food truck and dripped. They were delicious, but my heart sank as I looked down at my toe. Got them home and did the corn starch and brushed the hell out of them. Think I did some vinegar too. It's certainly not gone, but not noticeable unless you are really looking for it. Might give the Saphir a try.
Edited by warrenjl1 - 12/20/12 at 4:11pmpost #39551 of 12241612/20/12 at 1:01amQuote:
I purchased a pair of new Whiskey LWB from a fellow forum member and noticed the right shoe is a touch darker than the left shoe!
The shoes are beautiful and may be I'm the only one who might notice the difference.
Is it a common problem with Alden's light colour shells?
What would be the best way to make the colour of the two shoes more even by:
(1) exposing the darker right shoe in direct sun light and hope that it lighten up a bit
(2) using a darker paste wax for the lighter shoe (what colour?)
Any other suggestions? Thanks.post #39552 of 12241612/20/12 at 4:28ampost #39553 of 12241612/20/12 at 6:27ampost #39554 of 12241612/20/12 at 6:47amQuote:
When I think of beef rolls, I think of Negimaki...
This pic may not be the best to demonstrate. Take a look at the following Alden beef rolls...
The second one isn't quite as pronounced, but I think still applies. To me, the following would be a more desired level of creasing, but this is just MHO.
Please feel to correct or qualify as I am by no means an expert on this.post #39555 of 12241612/20/12 at 6:51am
Just picked up a pair of the J.Crew Alden Indy 405's. Love the shoe, but I'm not a huge fan of the white contrast stitching on the toe of the Indy boots. What are my options, if any, to change the color of this stitching? I have been told using a dark cream polish would darken the stitching but will it completely change the color of the boot forever?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 26 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Seiko 5 Automatic Watch 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...