Is the warehouse sale going on ? Where is it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 443post #6631 of 147938/18/14 at 9:08ampost #6632 of 147938/18/14 at 9:16ampost #6633 of 147938/18/14 at 9:17ampost #6634 of 147938/18/14 at 10:40ampost #6635 of 147938/18/14 at 11:25amQuote:
where was it announced? still don't see it on any of the usual suspects, and i live within walking distance of there. oh wellpost #6636 of 147938/18/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
Friends and family were told (i'm neither of those but a buddy was), i don't think it was announced publicly.
It was above the store on level 6post #6637 of 147938/18/14 at 1:05pmpost #6638 of 147938/18/14 at 2:45pmpost #6639 of 147938/19/14 at 5:19ampost #6640 of 147938/19/14 at 5:20ampost #6641 of 147938/19/14 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
This might be completely an optical illusion from the camera angles, but I think the 42S looks much better in the back. It can be cleaned up in a way that isn't overly aggressive but I like it better than the 40. It has a bit of drape at the top, but it also shows your physique, a substantial torso but a trim waist. THe 40R back waist just looks unnecessarily aggressive to me. The bowing at the lapel is less pronounced in the 42 but it's there, and maybe that's what you're going to have to live with OTR.
I bet you could nip the waist just a touch and it will give the jacket a nice shape in the front without over accentuating the waist in the back as in the 40R. The shoulders are fine: they are clean. Do they extend much past the angle of your shoulder?
If I had to give you a suggestion and these were your only two options, then I would say the 42 if you can nip a touch at the waist. That will give you the best overall fit. But neither is ideal.
At this point, you really need the advice of a good tailor who can see you in person in the jacket. It's important for you to find a non-suit supply tailor. Ask in this forum or search for tailors in your city. Take the jacket to them. Have them show you what it should look like. Do not use the SS tailors.
On the manager. He's focusing on a type which is overly slim to the point of ill-fitting in my view. This is the problem with some folks in SS: they have a paradigm and it isn't a classic slim fit. On this paradigm, bowed chests are ok. You can certainly look good from certain perspectives on them. Not to pick on Spoo, but he came up above and he sometimes is an example of the overly fitted look on top. He looks sharp, but if you visit his instagram and recent photos there (La Casuarina or something like that), many of his jackets are too tight in the chest for him (lapel bowing), IMHO. But there is no doubt that most in SF and even more in the external world will take him to look fantastic (and he does look good in many ways). So it can be pulled off, and might be what you'll have to do with SS. My two cents.
Well said! Thank you for your advice through this whole process!post #6642 of 147938/19/14 at 1:53pmpost #6643 of 147938/19/14 at 2:34pmpost #6644 of 147938/19/14 at 2:37pmpost #6645 of 147938/19/14 at 4:58pm
I'm going to SS store in Toronto tomorrow. Totally noob & new to the suit scene and have no idea what I'm doing.
my body built is as follows: athletic build, 40-41 chest, waist is measured in at almost 32 but most 30" store bought pants fit me best, 6'0 175lb 12%~ body fat. Will any of their line work on my body built? I like to wear things slim. Any suggestion on what to try on or don't bother and just go m2m?
I read some pages earlier that some cut work on muscular gym guys here but my waist is much smaller than their's.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › WTB Alden rare cordovan in size 7.5-8.5 19 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › Warning: ZMA and Boners 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 22 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...