Is the warehouse sale going on ? Where is it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 443
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6632 of 118578/18/14 at 9:16ampost #6633 of 118578/18/14 at 9:17ampost #6634 of 118578/18/14 at 10:40ampost #6635 of 118578/18/14 at 11:25amQuote:
where was it announced? still don't see it on any of the usual suspects, and i live within walking distance of there. oh wellpost #6636 of 118578/18/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
Friends and family were told (i'm neither of those but a buddy was), i don't think it was announced publicly.
It was above the store on level 6post #6637 of 118578/18/14 at 1:05pmpost #6638 of 118578/18/14 at 2:45pmpost #6639 of 118578/19/14 at 5:19ampost #6640 of 118578/19/14 at 5:20ampost #6641 of 118578/19/14 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
This might be completely an optical illusion from the camera angles, but I think the 42S looks much better in the back. It can be cleaned up in a way that isn't overly aggressive but I like it better than the 40. It has a bit of drape at the top, but it also shows your physique, a substantial torso but a trim waist. THe 40R back waist just looks unnecessarily aggressive to me. The bowing at the lapel is less pronounced in the 42 but it's there, and maybe that's what you're going to have to live with OTR.
I bet you could nip the waist just a touch and it will give the jacket a nice shape in the front without over accentuating the waist in the back as in the 40R. The shoulders are fine: they are clean. Do they extend much past the angle of your shoulder?
If I had to give you a suggestion and these were your only two options, then I would say the 42 if you can nip a touch at the waist. That will give you the best overall fit. But neither is ideal.
At this point, you really need the advice of a good tailor who can see you in person in the jacket. It's important for you to find a non-suit supply tailor. Ask in this forum or search for tailors in your city. Take the jacket to them. Have them show you what it should look like. Do not use the SS tailors.
On the manager. He's focusing on a type which is overly slim to the point of ill-fitting in my view. This is the problem with some folks in SS: they have a paradigm and it isn't a classic slim fit. On this paradigm, bowed chests are ok. You can certainly look good from certain perspectives on them. Not to pick on Spoo, but he came up above and he sometimes is an example of the overly fitted look on top. He looks sharp, but if you visit his instagram and recent photos there (La Casuarina or something like that), many of his jackets are too tight in the chest for him (lapel bowing), IMHO. But there is no doubt that most in SF and even more in the external world will take him to look fantastic (and he does look good in many ways). So it can be pulled off, and might be what you'll have to do with SS. My two cents.
Well said! Thank you for your advice through this whole process!post #6642 of 118578/19/14 at 1:53pmpost #6643 of 118578/19/14 at 2:34pmpost #6644 of 118578/19/14 at 2:37pmpost #6645 of 118578/19/14 at 4:58pm
I'm going to SS store in Toronto tomorrow. Totally noob & new to the suit scene and have no idea what I'm doing.
my body built is as follows: athletic build, 40-41 chest, waist is measured in at almost 32 but most 30" store bought pants fit me best, 6'0 175lb 12%~ body fat. Will any of their line work on my body built? I like to wear things slim. Any suggestion on what to try on or don't bother and just go m2m?
I read some pages earlier that some cut work on muscular gym guys here but my waist is much smaller than their's.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help with shoe fit: wide front, straight big toe 2 minutes ago
- › BALENCIAGA RUNNERS RACE SNEAKERS SIZE 42 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?