or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 435

post #6511 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
probably he does. he is a douche... ...i can't stand him.

we're lacking of charismatic guys.

grugger, but this guy almost killed himself on the streif...
You have a great team. Always the best of the best. We only have a couple of guys
who can be competitive with you. Bodie and Ligety on the mens side and Vonn and Mancuso on the womens.
post #6512 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by molayo View Post
Hi guys, I recently joined the forum. It's just great!
I decided to put my first post here.

Here is a very typical dark navy suit combination. (sorry for the blurry picture.)




Welcome,

Your basic fit looks good - proportions, lengths, etc. (missing your shirt cuff on one side).

Some items for possible improvement in my mind would be - A plain white shirt would brighten up this monochromatic look. Your tie would look better with a center dimple instead of two side dimples. And last the next time you buy a new suit look for those without visible stitching around the edge of the lapel. This is generally considered to be a 'lower end' detail.

Hope this helps!
post #6513 of 75901
Been lurking for a while so thought it was time I dived in and swam with the big fish.

Not used to photographing myself so apologies for the quality.

Didn't bother with a PS as it wasn't that sort of occasion.



post #6514 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post
And last the next time you buy a new suit look for those without visible stitching around the edge of the lapel. This is generally considered to be a 'lower end' detail.

where did you learn this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombie View Post
Been lurking for a while

u sure? cos if you have you should have already known that:

- sleeves are too long
- chest is too big, jacket in general is shapeless
- shoulders are very bad and do not flatter you at all
- tie looks cheap and the knot needs to be worked on
- shoes need to go to the closest goodwill. find something in a more "elegant" last

maybe you need to lurk more ... just saaayin'
post #6515 of 75901
That suit looks pretty outdated with it's lapels/ lower gorge. The sleeves and shoulders are a huge mess. The tie dates itself as well, and is retro in a bad way. Try dark neutral colors, with classic patterns like stripes and pin dots. Your shirt looks good, assuming it fits, and your shoes look great. Keep poasting.
post #6516 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombie View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Been lurking for a while so thought it was time I dived in and swam with the big fish.

Not used to photographing myself so apologies for the quality.

Didn't bother with a PS as it wasn't that sort of occasion.




Fit is terrible.
post #6517 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombie View Post
Been lurking for a while]

Don't think you have.
post #6518 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

u sure? cos if you have you should have already known that:

- sleeves are too long
- chest is too big, jacket in general is shapeless
- shoulders are very bad and do not flatter you at all
- tie looks cheap and the knot needs to be worked on
- shoes need to go to the closest goodwill. find something in a more "elegant" last

maybe you need to lurk more ... just saaayin'

Whoa, don't hold back will you. That's my favourite suit too!

Suit is a 15 year old Crombie so maybe is outdated, but I don't care cos I love it.

Tie is a 10 year old Oz Boateng. Retro ...? yep. In a bad way..... maybe.

Inherited the Loake shoes from my favourite uncle so they're not going anywhere.

Shirt is Brioni and possibly the most beautiful thing I own.

Thanks for the comments.
post #6519 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post
Welcome,
...
And last the next time you buy a new suit look for those without visible stitching around the edge of the lapel. This is generally considered to be a 'lower end' detail.

Not really, you can find visible stitching on the edge of the lapels on jackets from a great deal of tailors. For example, it's quite a popular detail on summer sport coats and suit jackets. I saw a beautiful SC from Boglioli the other day where the hand sewn seams on the lapels were one of the true high points in the composition of the garment.
post #6520 of 75901
Standard business casual for me:

Shirt: Benetton
Pants: Zara
Belt: J.Crew
Shoes: Rockport

Mall brands I know, but I can't complain about the fit or price.
LL
post #6521 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post
Not really, you can find visible stitching on the edge of the lapels on jackets from a great deal of tailors. For example, it's quite a popular detail on summer sport coats and suit jackets. I saw a beautiful SC from Boglioli the other day where the hand sewn seams on the lapels were one of the true high points in the composition of the garment.

I think I should be more specific as my simply worded statement about the stitching on the lapels did not adequately convey the entirity of what I meant.

First, I acknowledge that on odd jacket this detail is quite common - and that's one reason why it is a bit 'suspect' on a more formal suit jacket right off the bat.

Regarding it's use on a suit jacket perhaps I should have said that when done by a machine and on a suit of obviously not bespoke or of hand tailored quality the overstiched lapels only highlight the overall machine made quality of the suit. In other words - don't add a detail to the lapel that isn't needed. (I feel more or less the same way about adding machine done 'pick stitching' details as well. Even though it's becoming quite popular at the moment on 'upper end' ready to wear suits.)

Regarding the words 'lower end' perhaps it just reminds me of cheap suits from the 1970s and I should have used a more precise wording.

I apoligize if I offended anyone.
post #6522 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post
Not really, you can find visible stitching on the edge of the lapels on jackets from a great deal of tailors. For example, it's quite a popular detail on summer sport coats and suit jackets. I saw a beautiful SC from Boglioli the other day where the hand sewn seams on the lapels were one of the true high points in the composition of the garment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombie View Post
Whoa, don't hold back will you. That's my favourite suit too!

Suit is a 15 year old Crombie so maybe is outdated, but I don't care cos I love it.

Tie is a 10 year old Oz Boateng. Retro ...? yep. In a bad way..... maybe.

Inherited the Loake shoes from my favourite uncle so they're not going anywhere.

Shirt is Brioni and possibly the most beautiful thing I own.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm sorry to say that I have to agree about the suit's fit:

The shoulders are rippling from side to side, the sleeves are way too long.

It doesn't matter how name brand anything is if the fit isn't good.

However, if the fit is impeccible you can often get away with a lesser quality or a style that is not so current. But if it isn't well fitted you might as well just wear a nice shirt and jeans - as it would be more presentable.

Fit is first and foremost with suits - period.
post #6523 of 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by molayo View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hi guys, I recently joined the forum. It's just great!
I decided to put my first post here.

Here is a very typical dark navy suit combination. (sorry for the blurry picture.)



Just sayin', way better than the majority of others' first posts. I'd like to see a pocket square.
And, in the future, I think we all would like to see some pictures of your shoes.

Welcome!
post #6524 of 75901
I'll tell you what I'm not wearing. I'm not wearing what I was going to go out to dinner with the Mrs. in. I saw myself in the new mirror and went "I couldn't post a fit pic of that." Now I have changed. Thanks SF.
post #6525 of 75901
Quote:

Nice PAM!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III