I really like the occasional hard three. There is something a little more clean cut about them than a 2 or 3roll2. I wish I saw more of them on WAYWRN, especially in odd jackets, to draw inspiration from. A few months back, Kappelan posted a brilliant example (or...er...it may have been Kaplan). The purchase of that jacket was a direct result from that picture.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2746post #41176 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41177 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:29ampost #41178 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:32ampost #41179 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:33ampost #41180 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:34ampost #41181 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:35am
Trying to remember to multiquote, now we can't do thumbs comments. :(Originally Posted by vincefb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You've (rightly) had a lot of stick for some of your outfits, but I rather like this one as a somewhat decadent night-out look. It has the right blend of slickness and louchness for that sort of setting. Definitely an evening look, for a particular kind of night out, but it would be very good in that sort of setting.
I like true 3B jackets (my own bespoke suits tend to be true 3B) but IMO the buttons could do with all being ever so slightly lower (maybe about 0.5"-1" down on each). It's still fine, and the outfit is well put-together but I think would work even better with slightly lower buttons. The jacket's pattern/colour looks very nice indeed.
Interesting. So, what does that mean? Does it look/feel different?
Start of a new week but didn't have much to do today. I don't think the dark shirt will go down well here, but hey-ho... it's not a denim weave, by the way, I think it's an oxford weave, but quite a dense one.post #41182 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:36ampost #41183 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:44ampost #41184 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:47amDon't forget to bid for a pair of Kent Wang shoes, to benefit the Ronald McDonald House, here:
Fok.post #41185 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:49ampost #41186 of 7872112/10/12 at 9:49amOwen Meany, you seem to have a long neck and could probably profit from a higher collar.
Nevertheless I like your outfit.
EDIT: Just had a second look and the collar band already seems to be pretty tall.
That is one hell of a long neckpost #41187 of 7872112/10/12 at 10:44amfred - i like your unbuttoned cuff steez.Quote:
thanks, man! its a 100% softest pure cashmere ever made, emernegilido zegna. got it for a "steal" (relatively speaking) at NM last call.
thanks!post #41188 of 7872112/10/12 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, fuller pants. After trying more tapered dress pants as suggested here, the result was a trainwreck, probably cause my hips are wider than most folks think. These are way more flattering IMO.
I like the fuller cut of the trousers, but the tie and PS patterns are too similar in scale for my taste, possibly also slightly too warm in palette as well.Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A challenging day for which to dress - inclement weather in NYC, warmer than normal for December (highs around 15C/60F), and I'm to meet up with mktitsworth for a midday meal. I hope that I'm not over-insulated (no overcoat/raincoat today - hat and umbrella only), and that I'll pass muster with my lunch guest.
Suit - BB GF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Ferragamo
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Watch chain - vintage
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good, Señor Crust. Give my regards to Tits.Quote:
The hard three is tough to pull off. They frequently are too reminiscent of an overcoat to my eye. If you like, though, this seems a pretty good example of the breed.post #41189 of 7872112/10/12 at 10:54ampost #41190 of 7872112/10/12 at 11:14amQuote:
Thanks for the input, but its just the angle...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 4 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Rishi Kakar 8 minutes ago
- › Rishi Kakar 9 minutes ago
- › Omega Seamaster 300m (Ref: 2254.50, bought 2005) 9 minutes ago
- › Rishi Kakar 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...