"Brown shoes would have been better."
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2600post #38986 of 7871911/6/12 at 1:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38987 of 7871911/6/12 at 2:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Nothing spectacular today....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit: Austin Reed
Shirt: Belisario MTM
PS: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Grenson G Zero
...I spot a cardigan that u avoided the deets on :)post #38988 of 7871911/6/12 at 2:31ampost #38989 of 7871911/6/12 at 3:43ampost #38990 of 7871911/6/12 at 5:22am
Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Ties are Henry Carter 7 fold, Hober Macclesfield and Harvie and Hudson. Squares are Hober Challis. Suit is a Huddersfield POW by Bookster. Shoes Vass Oxblood Old English II + Marcoliani.
Edited by Pliny - 11/6/12 at 5:57ampost #38991 of 7871911/6/12 at 5:55am
^ I think the first is more successful than the second, though I don't like the choice of square. The tie/shirt combo in the second is not to my liking, and the square feels a bit disconnected. Actually, I wonder what the first outfit would look like, with the second one's square.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice look all round, but I'm curious: is the overcoat as plum-coloured as it appears here? Very unique colour. I like it, and hte fun gloves & scarf too. I like a bit of experimentation with colour/pattern in outerwear, generally.
Definitely a chill in the air now...
(PS. if the thread will forgive a little light spam, if anyone wants to buy the RLPL tweed suit in my sig, I'm open to reasonable offers! :) )post #38992 of 7871911/6/12 at 6:09ampost #38993 of 7871911/6/12 at 6:25ampost #38994 of 7871911/6/12 at 6:30ampost #38995 of 7871911/6/12 at 6:31ampost #38996 of 7871911/6/12 at 6:41amtrying to decide if i should keep this tie or not.
colors are terrible in the fit pic, all are properly represented in the collage. and i dont know why my left arm sleeve is all wonky. maybe my arm is twisted or something, or its hung up on my watch. who knows.post #38997 of 7871911/6/12 at 7:17am
Subdued today, with hopefully classic blues and greys, complete with black gunboats. Unfortunately, the picture quality (and odd stance caused by having to leap back quickly to get into place for the shot) means that you can't see the perfect break and cuff on the new Epaulet Walts... everything else, you've seen before. The only thing I'd want to change perhaps is to have white square, although I can't resist having a little something that throws things off a bit (this one is a pale blue and white PS with some embroidered detailing). And I know some people don't like the mod-style lapels on this jacket and what's more, it's also ventless - the horror, the horror! - but it was modelled after one my dad had made for him in 1965 and I love it.post #38998 of 7871911/6/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Subdued today, with hopefully classic blues and greys, complete with black gunboats. Unfortunately, the picture quality (and odd stance caused by having to leap back quickly to get into place for the shot) means that you can't see the perfect break and cuff on the new Epaulet Walts... everything else, you've seen before. The only thing I'd want to change perhaps is to have white square, although I can't resist having a little something that throws things off a bit (this one is a pale blue and white PS with some embroidered detailing). And I know some people don't like the mod-style lapels on this jacket and what's more, it's also ventless - the horror, the horror! - but it was modelled after one my dad had made for him in 1965 and I love it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you need to try either a smaller tie knot or a larger shirt collar.post #38999 of 7871911/6/12 at 7:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...