"Brown shoes would have been better."
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2600post #38986 of 7872111/6/12 at 1:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38987 of 7872111/6/12 at 2:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Nothing spectacular today....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit: Austin Reed
Shirt: Belisario MTM
PS: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Grenson G Zero
...I spot a cardigan that u avoided the deets on :)post #38988 of 7872111/6/12 at 2:31ampost #38989 of 7872111/6/12 at 3:43ampost #38990 of 7872111/6/12 at 5:22am
Hi guise. got a copy of Flusser a couple weeks ago- like his stuff on pattern mixing-some nice pics of Barbera and Agnelli and a few other masters.
I've been experimenting but need some help Preferences?
Ties are Henry Carter 7 fold, Hober Macclesfield and Harvie and Hudson. Squares are Hober Challis. Suit is a Huddersfield POW by Bookster. Shoes Vass Oxblood Old English II + Marcoliani.
Edited by Pliny - 11/6/12 at 5:57ampost #38991 of 7872111/6/12 at 5:55am
^ I think the first is more successful than the second, though I don't like the choice of square. The tie/shirt combo in the second is not to my liking, and the square feels a bit disconnected. Actually, I wonder what the first outfit would look like, with the second one's square.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice look all round, but I'm curious: is the overcoat as plum-coloured as it appears here? Very unique colour. I like it, and hte fun gloves & scarf too. I like a bit of experimentation with colour/pattern in outerwear, generally.
Definitely a chill in the air now...
(PS. if the thread will forgive a little light spam, if anyone wants to buy the RLPL tweed suit in my sig, I'm open to reasonable offers! :) )post #38992 of 7872111/6/12 at 6:09ampost #38993 of 7872111/6/12 at 6:25ampost #38994 of 7872111/6/12 at 6:30ampost #38995 of 7872111/6/12 at 6:31ampost #38996 of 7872111/6/12 at 6:41amtrying to decide if i should keep this tie or not.
colors are terrible in the fit pic, all are properly represented in the collage. and i dont know why my left arm sleeve is all wonky. maybe my arm is twisted or something, or its hung up on my watch. who knows.post #38997 of 7872111/6/12 at 7:17am
Subdued today, with hopefully classic blues and greys, complete with black gunboats. Unfortunately, the picture quality (and odd stance caused by having to leap back quickly to get into place for the shot) means that you can't see the perfect break and cuff on the new Epaulet Walts... everything else, you've seen before. The only thing I'd want to change perhaps is to have white square, although I can't resist having a little something that throws things off a bit (this one is a pale blue and white PS with some embroidered detailing). And I know some people don't like the mod-style lapels on this jacket and what's more, it's also ventless - the horror, the horror! - but it was modelled after one my dad had made for him in 1965 and I love it.post #38998 of 7872111/6/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Subdued today, with hopefully classic blues and greys, complete with black gunboats. Unfortunately, the picture quality (and odd stance caused by having to leap back quickly to get into place for the shot) means that you can't see the perfect break and cuff on the new Epaulet Walts... everything else, you've seen before. The only thing I'd want to change perhaps is to have white square, although I can't resist having a little something that throws things off a bit (this one is a pale blue and white PS with some embroidered detailing). And I know some people don't like the mod-style lapels on this jacket and what's more, it's also ventless - the horror, the horror! - but it was modelled after one my dad had made for him in 1965 and I love it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you need to try either a smaller tie knot or a larger shirt collar.post #38999 of 7872111/6/12 at 7:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn में टोंक राजस्थान + 91-8239910405 41 seconds ago
- › Zam Barrett minimalist tailored hoodie sz 46 58 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › + 91-8239910405 सूरत गुजरात में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 1 minute ago
- › + 91-8239910405 सुजानगढ़ राजस्थान में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 1 minute ago
- › MINT Ralph Lauren Purple Label trench coat S ( 36/34 ) 2 minutes ago
- › + 91-8239910405 बाड़मेर में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 2 minutes ago
- › तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn शिमला में हिमाचल प्रदेश + 91-8239910405 2 minutes ago
- › + 91-8239910405 संगरूर पंजाब में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan