Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2426post #36376 of 787239/23/12 at 5:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36377 of 787239/23/12 at 5:46pmThis is my first fitting with Mina and Dino of Napolisumisura. I got measured and chose the fabric eons ago, and lost about 25 lbs in the interim, so it's nowhere near correct here. However, the extreme slope of my shoulders and the upper back is perfect - in other words, the only part of me that did not shrink significantly is excellent.
I only post it (1) so you can see the fabric choices, which I think turned out solid (It's always hard to tell from a 3 x 3 swatch); (2) for comparison with the finished product, which I have very high hopes for.post #36378 of 787239/23/12 at 6:21pmBigA-- guessing the trousers are also bespoke from napolisumisura? what's the measurement at the ankle on their typical suit trouser? What's the going rate for a suit, if I don't provide my own cloth/ use their own cloth selection? I'm hoping to order my first suit from them this year, if i can catch them in the USA on one of their visitsQuote:Originally Posted by Big A
This is my first fitting with Mina and Dino of Napolisumisura. I got measured and chose the fabric eons ago, and lost about 25 lbs in the interim, so it's nowhere near correct here. However, the extreme slope of my shoulders and the upper back is perfect - in other words, the only part of me that did not shrink significantly is excellent.
I only post it (1) so you can see the fabric choices, which I think turned out solid (It's always hard to tell from a 3 x 3 swatch); (2) for comparison with the finished product, which I have very high hopes for.post #36379 of 787239/23/12 at 7:20pmpost #36380 of 787239/23/12 at 7:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Southwick, Talbott, BB, Nettleton
Orgetorix, that outfit is a winner! You are looking awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by yywwyy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm so jealous of you tall & slim guys.
The silhouette you are able to achieve with a well fitting suit is so damn flattering and something a small/skinny guy like myself can only dream off.
What is that zigzag stuff around the pockets though? RTW garment with pockets still sealed like that? Why are you not keeping it?Quote:I enjoy pictures of bespoke adventours so much, thank you a lot for sharing.Originally Posted by Big A
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)This is my first fitting with Mina and Dino of Napolisumisura. I got measured and chose the fabric eons ago, and lost about 25 lbs in the interim, so it's nowhere near correct here. However, the extreme slope of my shoulders and the upper back is perfect - in other words, the only part of me that did not shrink significantly is excellent.
I only post it (1) so you can see the fabric choices, which I think turned out solid (It's always hard to tell from a 3 x 3 swatch); (2) for comparison with the finished product, which I have very high hopes for.
Also very impressiv what a loss of some weight can mean to the fit of a bespoke garment.
I hope you will keep your weight stable from now on so that the adjustments to the suit will pay off in a silhouette as lovely as yywwyy's.post #36381 of 787239/23/12 at 7:59pmpost #36382 of 787239/23/12 at 8:59pmpost #36383 of 787239/23/12 at 9:16pmpost #36384 of 787239/23/12 at 9:18pmpost #36385 of 787239/23/12 at 11:10pmpost #36386 of 787239/24/12 at 12:40ampost #36387 of 787239/24/12 at 3:29am
Jacket, knit vest, trousers, socks = Emidio Tucci
Shirt = Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie = Lester
PS = E.G. Cappelli
Shoes = Carmina
These jackets are quite well made for the price, I've dissected a few of them that became too big on me. They are half canvassed and sell for €165 - €300 depending on the fabric (I got this one on sale for €120, it's half-lined wool). It needs to hit the tailor for shoulder adjustment though.
Edited by RDiaz - 9/24/12 at 6:41ampost #36388 of 787239/24/12 at 3:53ampost #36389 of 787239/24/12 at 4:04amToday's attire is graced with a new pair of shoes. Today's posting is also graced with those shoes designated to be donated to the local charity shop.
Suit & braces - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - JAB
Cufflinks - Natural History Museum, South Kensington, London
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and the donations . . .post #36390 of 787239/24/12 at 4:10am
Thanks for the comments, all.
You're holding my comedy cravat wummery against me? Or you really didn't like the grey linen? Man, I love that suit. Anyway, appreciated that raspberry socks are not to every taste!
Yeah, I do have that tendency to want to fiddle with little details. I always figured embroidered initials and such were a bit insecure (like personalised number plates - I know it's my shirt/suit/car!), but still can't resist putting something odd in there. The buttonholes you wouldn't notice at first glance; as for the lapels..well...I can be an intense and serious dude work-wise, so a little whimsy doesn't hurt!
I know what you mean. I just kind of like that buttoned-up three piece look, but maybe it looks odd to some with a two button jacket. One of my linen ones is three button, will post to show the different proportions. Also adding lapels to the waistcoats on a couple of others. It's a balance for me, liking the very formal three piece while having to stay very light-weight in a hot climate.
Re. "previous work", also not digging grey linen, or still offended by cravat and "eye-fuck" socks?
Yeah, I do have those on several suits. If it's any consolation, the next batch just have the lapel buttonhole and the last of the sleeve buttons in odd colours. But, each to his own, eh? As for "matching", I never allow anything to match as such, but do tend to have maybe two "families" of colours going on, and then dilute it all like this with a plain white shirt or PS. I can see this purple/raspberry/burgundy mix just isn't for you, even against a conservative blue-grey suit. But yeah, it is a regular colour theme in my style; shoelaces get in there too, especially if the shoes are black and conservative. Thanks for the input, though, always interesting to see through others' eyes.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › (((PC)))=Watch Enjoy North Dakota State vs Iowa State Live Streaming 42 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 3 minutes ago
- › (((PC)))=Watch Enjoy UCLA vs Virginia Live 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Middlesbrough vs Reading Live streaming Soccer England - Championship 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)