which is completely fine for a casual denim+jacket look. Sometimes, people need to recalibrate their fit compass based on what they're looking at. If your denim fit like your dress pants, you FAIL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1687post #25291 of 787223/25/12 at 4:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25292 of 787223/25/12 at 4:25pmQuote:Yes, yes I did. And damn my hard head! That's the 2nd time you've recommended a cotton PS - duly noted for next timeOriginally Posted by Threadbearer
"You're gonna catch shit for the high-waisted jeans, and I'm going to recommend a cotton PS."Quote:
Get out of my head! That's exactly what I was thinking/look I was going for when I put them on. Maybe the whole suit/tie 6days/wk screws with my "fit compass"
I'm just going through pics on SW&D and MC Casual for 'jean' pics now and try to dissect what peeps see as good.post #25293 of 787223/25/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Hey, glad to see you're back! I think, and correct me if I am wrong, anyone with more knowledge than me, the jacket is slightly too tight/short (sleeves are perfect, though!). While the lapels are quite 70s-esque, I like the jacket and the colour. The pocket square works well here, though I'm sure there are other combinations which would work quite well (like red/white, etc.). Like the trousers; not so keen on the shape of the shoe, but an improvement--so, win!
Hey man, it's good to be back! Yeah, I definitely agree it's a little too short (seller on eBay didn't measure correctly), but I was hoping I could get away with it being a DB and all. Thanks for the comments!Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I used to have a forest green DB blazer too; every time I posted it here, at least one person posted a comment along those lines. I really miss that blazer though (only got rid of it because it was a bit too big on me). It's a good colour for exactly the kind of look you're wearing (though personally, I find your interpretation a little too snug, short & tapered all round). A bigger problem, though, are the lapels. They really are very eye-catching, which is an unneeded extra distraction when the colour itself is so unusual.
Thanks for commenting. I found the jacket to be probably 0.5"-0.75" too short, and I think if it was that much longer, it'd be perfect. But this is definitely one of my favorites, just because the color is so unusual.Quote:
Thanks Nick! Yup, it's an eBay purchase.post #25294 of 787223/25/12 at 5:00pmpost #25295 of 787223/25/12 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Monday again and robot is as robot does: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
super sexy fit on that whole suit. everything looks damn fine. not so sure how I feel about that thing on your chin though. then again the other pictures indicate your asianess, so it might actually work for you.post #25296 of 787223/25/12 at 5:06pmpost #25297 of 787223/25/12 at 5:11pmpost #25298 of 787223/25/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
Haha, with your frequent use of the word "mate" as a pronoun, I would've though you were Australian.
post #25299 of 787223/25/12 at 6:01pmpost #25300 of 787223/25/12 at 6:36pmpost #25301 of 787223/25/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
I think you are crossing wires. CEP is an aussie, we are a pretty multicultural nation and have many born and bred Aussies of Asian, middle eastern, indian, sri lankan etc etc descent that speak with full on Aussie accents. And for those of you still reading PG's blog, we rarely say sheila and we never ever say Fall or flip flops (it's Autumn and thongs) just thought I'd clear that up. Most of us start and end a lot of sentences in mate though, just one of those things I guess. I myself am a pretty white country boy I must admit and my dads family is English not Australian, but I do have some Aboriginal blood on my mothers side.post #25302 of 787223/25/12 at 6:54pmpost #25303 of 787223/25/12 at 7:03pmcitan, imhoff and liam i was checking the thread and saw you guys all had a similar problem to me re: pants.
i would def recommend the tapered rudy cut from epaulet. it has more room in the seat and thighs with a good taper. they really look great and fit me better than any pants i have worn before.
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1288/%27%27Tapered-Rudy-Trouser-Oxford/Detailpost #25304 of 787223/25/12 at 7:14pmpost #25305 of 787223/25/12 at 7:14pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 59 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stephen A. Smith's suits and odd jackets? 5 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Orlebar Brown and Lacoste sale?? 6 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's 6F Austerity Brogue 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...