or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1105

post #16561 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

For me, it will come down to the extent to which adding structure will change the shape of the toebox.  I like the way the original boot looks. and I dont want to compromise the look based on a theoretical "In a year, it will look like Y" argument.


In my case it's not so much a question of looks (even though that plays a part). I have a fairly upturned big toe and anything unstructured ends up scraping against it and being massively uncomfortable.

post #16562 of 19294
Some mushroom anyone🤔

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDy_15rkhXd/

Or snuff calf..🤔

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDy7Jryrpia/
post #16563 of 19294
Those mushroom boots look amazing. Anyone want to guess what last they are on? EDIT: Whoops, never mind, they are on the 1035 last.
Edited by phantomx48 - 4/4/16 at 6:19pm
post #16564 of 19294
^^^
Quite a few Engineer boot options out there for every1's taste & style. However, IMO, 2005 looks best w/ lower toe volume & profile ... Agree w/ FOK, if ever, partial @the most.

Have been on the hunt for years on a build that can work on me ... Or at least, convince myself that'll work for me. Other than the Hopper, the only pair I've seriously considered ever__ RoadChamps, w/c tho' different in construction, are very similar in aesthetic/style/sensibility, I think.

Unstructured 2005 Engineers are fairly new, so no evos yet on the web, but the RoadChamps got some fab "worn in toe" samples,
571CCDD6-BE52-4ACE-9DEE-5EF715071DFC.jpg

As for sizing, if you're D-E width, TTS.
But, I SU 1/2 cuz I'm on the wide side of E__ 2005 tho EE, have less toe volume due to the last shape versus 1035.
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 4/4/16 at 7:28pm
post #16565 of 19294
Speaking of Engineers:

2j30k86.jpg

Same size as my 2030 and both are perfect for me.
post #16566 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Chop View Post

Speaking of Engineers:

2j30k86.jpg

Same size as my 2030 and both are perfect for me.

You must be in Australia...
post #16567 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

You must be in Australia...

Am I missing something in the photo, what indicates Australia in his post?
post #16568 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post

Am I missing something in the photo, what indicates Australia in his post?

post #16569 of 19294
Photo is upside down
post #16570 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

Any engineer boots that I have tried (eg the Lofgren boots) have been incredibly hard to put on even with a long shoe horn. I assume this gets easier as the boots break in. Can anyone who has the Hoppers comment on their experience with this? Seriously, I passed on the Lofgren boots only because it was such a pain to get on and then take off!

Otherwise, interested in the Hoppers assuming I can get comfortable with sizing..

 

I have the Iron Heart x Viberg collab engineers.  The shaft/cone is tight on them for the first several wears, but I also have a high-volume foot, which exacerbates the issue.  I had to put a plastic bag along the back of the boot to act like a shoehorn, and then pull the bag out after my foot is in.  It'll get easier - just give it some time.

post #16571 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Photo is upside down

It never was upside down for me.
post #16572 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

Any engineer boots that I have tried (eg the Lofgren boots) have been incredibly hard to put on even with a long shoe horn. I assume this gets easier as the boots break in. Can anyone who has the Hoppers comment on their experience with this? Seriously, I passed on the Lofgren boots only because it was such a pain to get on and then take off!

Otherwise, interested in the Hoppers assuming I can get comfortable with sizing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer05 View Post

I have the Iron Heart x Viberg collab engineers.  The shaft/cone is tight on them for the first several wears, but I also have a high-volume foot, which exacerbates the issue.  I had to put a plastic bag along the back of the boot to act like a shoehorn, and then pull the bag out after my foot is in.  It'll get easier - just give it some time.
.... Or have the lower shaft stretched by your local cobbler.
post #16573 of 19294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post


It never was upside down for me.

 

What's the weather like down under?

post #16574 of 19294

Does anyone happen to know where Viberg gets the brown waxed laces they use, eg, on the Boondocker?


They're really nice and waxy, a just a bit thinner than most flat laces, but not too thin..

post #16575 of 19294

Also, any word on the half-finished 310s that Brett posted briefly on his Instagram a few days ago, which are no longer posted..?  I don't have a pic, but there were cap toe 310s (I believe), with an interesting leather -- sort of texture-y and slightly reddish..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots