• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inception, who made the suits for the movie?

Marc-OS

Reaction score
I went to the midnight showing of Inception last night, and it was absolutely amazing. Other than that, there were some INCREDIBLE suits throughout the entire movie. I don't suppose any of you know who provided the suits? Mainly for Joseph Gordin-Levitt and Cillian Murphy's characters.

Hans

Reaction score
Didn't like the suits and I thought the shirts were awful: zero roll, too little spread, points not covered by lapel. Bad.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Why is everyone on this board obsessed with spread collars?

Hans

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GradSchooler

I don't like extreme spread (as Cillian Murphy's shirts in the movie), but I do think that shirts look much better if their points are just covered by the lapels, and you need some spread for that. Otherwise you get the "two pencils in a water glass look", which I find very unappealing.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Eames's (character) sportcoats appealling, but I wasn't particularly impressed with the suits.

Good movie, though I felt that Nolan had a tendency to over-verbalize the shots rather than let the camera do the talking. This was particularly true during the early-going, and then later with DiCaprio's superfluous description of how his wife died.

Augustus Davies

Reaction score

....because they're ******* cool looking..and you can tie a big ass windsor knot..

Mata_Leao

Reaction score
I thought that the outfits were very well done - definitely a step above the normal Hollywood standards.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that were obsessed with spread collars it just that they are far supiror to any other collar type in terms of apperance.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are many people here that should be wearing straight collars as well. With collars, with the exception of the London-cutaway and the tab, among some others, collars are not really something based on personal taste. It is based on what flatters your head, neck and shoulders. Wide head- straight collar; long head-spread collar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads