Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 8/29/15 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 8/29/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Yesterday at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 774
Styleforum Top Picks
Well they arrived, pretty happy with the fit. Indoor w/light pictures
w/Burgundy Shell MacNeil and Navy MacNeil
Didn't take much pic of Amsterdam as someone already posted very good pics.
w/Shell Cambridge and Shell Strand
Damn't. I should've bought.
Anyways, CONGRATS!! I think you picked up a beautiful pair of AEs. More beautiful than most other make-ups
Someone asked in an earlier post how/why some SFers start to get into boots after having a collection of shoes. I might be in the minority who's gone the opposite way --- from boots to shoe(s). I have a decent collection of boots, AEs, Aldens in calf and shell, and some older engineer/rocker type boots, mostly Italian made.
I just recently shocked myself and bought my first pair of shoes (well since I got into higher quality footwear). They were a pair of walnut Strands that I was just trying on to get a feel for the 5 last. And I have to say I am really enjoying wearing shoes. I get more compliments on the Strands than most of my boots. The bad thing is this opens a whole new world to spend money on. I used to just ignore shoes. Not good.
Those look great!
The leather does not look as distressed as I originally thought from some of the rough collection pics.
I called AE customer service and was told my duckie browns would arrive sometime the first week of November.
My Neumoks are red; so I can't help you there. But you're wife seems like a remarkable woman. I'm certain you'll be pleased with the Neumok. If you do a search on this thread, you'll see pics of the blue Neumok.
9D - 5 and 8 Last (thin sock) - shell and calf
10D/10C - 1, 3, and 7 Last (medium thickness sock) - shell and calf
9.5D - TTS
I was redirected to this thread with my question. I bought a pair of AE Fairfax 10D from Nordstrom Rack. Can someone tell me what color polish should be used for them? I personally think it should be the Merlot polish because I believe the color to be burgundy, but the AE salesmen told me to use the chili colored polish. Or maybe just play it safe and go with a neutral polish?
Here are the shoes. I took them with as much natural light as possible to avoid flash (which lightens the color of the shoes).
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › FW15 Nonnative Dweller 5P Jeans Cotton Twill Overdyed 17 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015