Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1159post #17371 of 706283/14/13 at 4:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17372 of 706283/14/13 at 4:34pmpost #17373 of 706283/14/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
You guys make me laugh, but thank you.post #17374 of 706283/14/13 at 6:46pm
Trying to strip my Strands down using Lexol cleaner. So far this is as far as I've gotten. They need some serious elbow grease. Is Renomat significantly easier to use? I'll take anything to make the job easier at this point. Notice the color change around the broging. That's where the wax is starting to give way. The natural color is starting to come through.post #17375 of 706283/14/13 at 7:13pmpost #17376 of 706283/14/13 at 7:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Al in Philly
Trying to strip my Strands down using Lexol cleaner. So far this is as far as I've gotten. They need some serious elbow grease. Is Renomat significantly easier to use? I'll take anything to make the job easier at this point. Notice the color change around the broging. That's where the wax is starting to give way. The natural color is starting to come through.
Renomat has a reputation of being quicker, but the question remains. What are you trying to accomplish by stripping them down that far?
Speaking of Strands, I spent the last couple hours giving a little bit of gloss to the toes of my walnut ones...post #17377 of 706283/14/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
I mentioned it to one of the salesmen at the local AE shop today, and they at least acted like they had heard no such thing. If my regular rep had been there, I would have asked her to look into it more. Either way, we've seen images of products yet to be released. So, I wouldn't abandon hope yet.post #17378 of 706283/14/13 at 7:38pmpost #17379 of 706283/14/13 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheSizzle
I mentioned it to one of the salesmen at the local AE shop today, and they at least acted like they had heard no such thing. If my regular rep had been there, I would have asked her to look into it more. Either way, we've seen images of products yet to be released. So, I wouldn't abandon hope yet.
Thanks for the insight...I was asking because I had purchased some AE shell recently in the regular old burgundy, and I was trying to hold off on wearing them so that if the new shell is released, I could perhaps just make an even exchange..but if its not going to come out till October or something, then it may not even be worth the wait.post #17380 of 706283/14/13 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by harlequin782
Thanks for the insight...I was asking because I had purchased some AE shell recently in the regular old burgundy, and I was trying to hold off on wearing them so that if the new shell is released, I could perhaps just make an even exchange..but if its not going to come out till October or something, then it may not even be worth the wait.
Since I'm interested too, I'll probably ask them when I go back over there early next week.post #17381 of 706283/14/13 at 7:42pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by TheSizzle
I mentioned it to one of the salesmen at the local AE shop today, and they at least acted like they had heard no such thing. If my regular rep had been there, I would have asked her to look into it more. Either way, we've seen images of products yet to be released. So, I wouldn't abandon hope yet.Quote:
Harlequin, I've been thinking the same thing. I've got three other shoes (not AE) that I'm likely going to pull the trigger on soon. If I do, I'll pass on their shell - if it ever comes out!post #17382 of 706283/14/13 at 11:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold IronQuote:
That was likely me, and welcome to SF. Your first post is on the AE thread and to top it off the Cambridge, Great Job!!
I would reccomend the burgundy over the black but of course that is personal preference. The #8 burgundy is classic and the black would hide details a bit more. But either is a great choice. Even out of the box mine had a fair amount of black highlights in them. And is one of my favorite shoes. I consider them the flagship of the fleet. You will not be disappointed if you purchase them.
Wow. Those look amazing. Thanks, I'm setting my sights on the burgundy.
I just need to deal with sizing. I have MCallisters in 8e that feel cramped but the smokey grey McTavish (currently on clearance) in the same size feels great, though they are both on the same last, 5-65; maybe due to the stretchiness of the infused suede on the latter. I'm going to look for store with a 2e that I can try.post #17383 of 706283/15/13 at 12:13am
will some one please help me. I need an email address for a real person at AE who can assist with a customer service problem I am having. I've already sent an email to their generic customer service email, but have received no reply. the long version is here:
Theopost #17384 of 706283/15/13 at 12:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
PSA: Jeffersonville Oh. Outlet has a sale starting today through 4/30 with 20% off one item on 2nd's. Closeouts are not included and all the rough collection is on sale for 15% off, not 20%. Sounds like it is just them so contact them directly. Kristle Fox is the store manager and the one I ask for but all of the SA's are great there that I have dealt with.
(740) 948 9033
However due to TheSizzle I will never look at a bag of Dorito chips and feel the same now....
Thank you very much and from the description it sounds like you are spot on. So now with the buy one item from the Jeffersonvillle Outlet at 20% and they have 1 brown and several Patriot's in #8 in my size according to the list I just got a few minutes ago it is time to try again. I was going to order the ranger moc from Rancourt in shell but have wanted a shell loafer for many years, I'm going to give the Patriot a shot.
The CEO of AE Paul Grangaard was on Bloomberg last week and there is a you tube of it. He discusses the new line of golf shoes and working with Jack on designing the new line. My golf shoes still have metal cleats which on most of the better courses around here are no longer allowed. I should pick up a new pair but the last few years have been rolling old water balls down between the rib of my shotgun and flipping them in the air to shoot and slicing the $%^ things just as much as I do with a driver. They are a lot trickier to hit with a shotgun than you would think being so small and close. But it is impressive to watch them fly out of sight when you do it right.
Grangaard, proving again that he is the man.
"Christian Louboutin reports that 25% of his revenue is coming from men."
Grangaard: "Those probably aren't our type of customers."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...